I Want To Speak My Mind.
I'm dying to see what all of my favorite bloggers have been writing about all of the current political happenings, but first I want to put down my observations before I read others. First and foremost, I LOVE Sarah Palin. I watched the speech tonight, and found myself in awe. She's so incredibly plain spoken, and brave, and that line about the difference between a hockey mom and a pit-bull being lipstick was hilarious! Just Wow!
I've never been a big fan of McCain's, but I have to say, this campaign has brought me from highs to lows to highs again. Before I say anything else, this is going to shock people, but I tell you, I really like Obama. I never thought I would say that, but I really do. I like him so much that I even considered voting for him. That's how strong his charisma factor is with me. When I hear him speak I think to myself, he seems so good, so honest, so genuine, I like him. BUT, then reality sets in, and I remember what exactly he stands for, and it's nothing that I stand for. Nothing.
The truth is, Obama is more of the same extreme liberal politics that have infested so many of our institutions of today. Our schools, our courts, our work places, our media, our entertainment, so many of these are completely and unabashedly left leaning, and/or left controlled. The conservatives I work with speak in whispers amongst themselves, ever cautious of "offending" the delicate flowers who will quickly run to management if a conservative dare do so much as defend an unborn child's right to live. We're not supposed to speak about these things you see. Luckily, conservatives are pretty good at spotting a loon quick enough, and know to hold their tongues around these types, when in the work place at least.
I watched as much of both conventions as I possibly could, and even though I had a momentary lapse of sanity and actually considered voting for Obama, I've come around again. All it took was listening to a liberal attack Palin 5 minutes after she was announced. It was disgusting. It was disgusting when I accidentally flipped to MSNBC and some commentator was saying, "we will see how she explains this pregnancy of her 17 year old, and her husband's dui when he was 22 years old" Oh for crying out loud, you have got to be kidding me.
Anyway, I always knew I would vote for the conservative candidate, McCain was not my choice, but I believe he is a good man, and will make a great president. My choice is made, and it will be McCain. Other notable mentions though, Fred Thompson and Rudy Guliani totally ROCK!
Now, I've just got to go read blogs and see what's being said. Back later!
This is a country made up of people with hard jobs that they're terrified of losing. The roots of freedom are of little or no interest to them at the moment. We are a nation afraid to go out at night. We're a society that has assigned low priority to education and has looked the other way while our public schools have been decimated. We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious men to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, friend, I promise you,(insert favorite candidate here) is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things and two things only: Making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections.
ReplyDeleteI hear you Morrigan. For me it simply boils down to who is going to keep us out of the commie socialism pot longer?
ReplyDeleteI've picked a side that I hope will do some good, or at least less damage than the other side would have. =)
Maybe I am just too cynical, but really it is all smoke and mirrors, with one side no different or better than the other. The big show (campaigning) is there to keep your attention off of other things. The puppet theater (the media) is the perfect carnival barker.
ReplyDeleteEver seen the movie V for Vendetta? Although it is just for entertainment, it does portray a good example of the control that politicians and their ilk wish to have.
Leaving politics alone, what with my self-imposed neutrality and all that, I recommend that you read this:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.zionism-israel.com/log/archives/00000597.html
This is not about politics, but about smearing.