And Minimal Complaining For Once.
I know, I know, it just won't be the same without my usual whine fest going on, but I get tired of hearing myself. There is more to me than bitching and complaining.
I bet you're wondering what has put me in such a good mood? Only spending about 5 hours straight with my mom doing crosswords on a cool rainy Sunday afternoon. It was just so nice to spend the day with her. She even conned me into cooking dinner for everyone, just like old times!
My dad laughed himself into a tizzy during dinner, because he found a piece of mail on the table from his "financial advisor" and my mom had wrote an arrow next to financial advisor, and wrote the name FELIX in there. It was her way of expressing her disapproval over his choice to discuss their finances with a complete stranger. You see, for years my dad used to jokingly call his cat, Felix, his financial advisor, which she kindly reminded him.
So, I look at dad during dinner, and his face is beat red, and he's obviously concealing laughter. I asked him what's so funny, and he holds up the letter, and says, "Felix", and then cracks up really bad. It was because earlier that day mom had been quite forceful in her opinion about him seeking financial advising from anyone other than her. According to her, "I've kept you out of the poor house all these years" she informed him.
Anyway, it was just good to see him laugh so much over it all.
I spent most of the day there, and completely blew off the stuff I needed to do at home, but it was totally worth it. She wants me to come over tomorrow and bake a peach pie, and truly, how could I refuse? Even though, I will have to get my hind end in motion right away in the morning to get all the stuff I need to do done so I can have time to go help with the pie.
I bought a brand new beautiful red vacuum, and I won't let anyone touch it. I refuse to have these heathens ruin my new vacuum again. My vacuums always work fine until other people use them, and for some reason, they just go to pot after that. Because I am having such control issues about the vacuum, I am stuck doing all the work.
Before you say anything, I HAVE tried to instruct these people, namely my daughter on how NOT to clog the thing up beyond all repair, and my vacuums still get murdered horribly. Even my brother in law resisted instruction and ruined two working vacuums while he was staying with us. That and completely drinking up every drop of liquor in the house was enough to ingratiate himself with me.
It's the chinchilla you see. All the live long day he throws his food, and his turds out of his cage. We have a severe problem with him doing this. Trust me, he may have a brain the size of a peanut, but I swear to you, he knows what he's doing. I've seen him throw his bowl across his cage when he wants a raisin. He stands at the bars and drives the dogs mad with his heckling. And sometimes, I think he secretly wants us all dead.
That's the way it is with caged animals. Somewhere in the archives are probably some posts about the bird. That guy had it in for me really bad. I could just sense his desire to pluck my eyes from my head. Honestly, I've never been big on having animals in cages, I don't like the feeling of it, it makes me feel bad for them, but he's here so we do the best we can by him.
Personally, I wouldn't recommend any caged animals as pets as I said above, it makes me feel guilty keeping them in cages. I do enjoy the little guy, but they are not cheap pets, and do require special situations, for instance, chinchilla's can't take high temperatures, so we have an air conditioner especially for him. Our house is 90 degrees some days, that type of heat will kill a chinchilla. They are fun, but with the dogs, we have to be careful of him getting out. Anyway, he's really funny, and has a cute personality, but his hair really clogs up my vacuums.
Well, there is a storm brewing outside, which means time to get off this computer. Thank God for some rain. Goodness knows it has been a hot dry summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment