Friday, February 15, 2008

One Day

At The Wal-Mart Store.

I finally managed to get my sister out to the store, she hates going places with big crowds, but never the less I somehow conned her into going to the wal-mart with me. Mind you, it never fails that we end up there on Friday evening and when we get into the parking lot one of us always says, "Where the heck did all of these people come from?!?" Of course, Friday's being a popular pay day among many employers pretty much guarantees that all of creation will be out trying to get something decent for dinner, a new pillow, or some shampoo.

So there we were walking past the bra/underwear/lingerie/pajama section, and it being close to Valentine's Day and all there were several fancy little lingerie numbers strategically placed as to remind women that they need to get some new fancy underwears. I pointed one out, and predictably suggested that my sister not forget to get her new dealy do, and then I said, "Hey, remember when mom bought that really skanky lingerie at K-Mart, and how shocked we were, but we had to pretend like we didn't see it?"

My sister laughed really hard because she remembered the piece, it was a red baby doll type thing with lots and lots of fringes, mom just picked it up all non-chalant and put it in the basket, and gave us a "I dare you to make one comment out of line" look.

Remembering the moment vividly my sister said, "I can't believe mom bought that!" And without thinking anything of it I said, "yeah, she had a whole bunch of different lingerie and see through night gowns, garter belts, crotchless panties, all sorts of stuff!"

My sister says, "how do you know that?" I said, "Well I used to try it all on when mom and dad weren't home." My sister died laughing. I mean, she snorted. Then I realized that perhaps some kids don't try on their mother's lingerie, I assumed she had done the same thing, but no, I was wrong. We had a good laugh about.

Oddly enough I've never really been into lingerie type stuff as an adult. When we got married, I received a few things that would make a hooker blush as wedding gifts. I remember one night a couple of years after we were married I dug some of it out when hubby and I were sitting around, and started modelling it, and I know this sounds sad, but we laughed our butts off about it. I mean he and I really cracked up. I guess we're not mature enough to handle lingerie or something. I think I gave it to Goodwill.

Thankfully I don't know if mom ever wore that stuff, and it has been almost 30 years since I was a little brat snooping around my mom's room, so I don't know if she even still has any of it. I do know my mom had a much better figure for wearing that type of stuff than I ever have, so I guess they probably had some good times with it. I don't EVEN want to go there.

2 comments:

  1. You little perv, I almost peed my pants laughing about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:28 AM

    #1 daughter and I have had a few good laughs over lingerie we have run across while scavenging at Goodwill. Especially the stuff that has lace roughly the consistency of sandpaper.

    ReplyDelete