Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm Bad

I Know It.

It is terrible how lazy I am about posting. What can you truly expect from someone who won't even shovel their driveway when it snows? Huh? I mean really. Well, the ironic thing about that post is after I wrote it, the next day on the news they were talking about how the city was actually ticketing people who do not shovel the snow off the sidewalks in front of their houses. I mean for goodness sakes. The report stated that over 300 people had been ticketed, and that police were doing their best to get as many violators as possible. They went on to add that if people didn't do it, then the city sends someone to do it, and the owner of the property is fined/ie charged to pay for the "service".

I imagined 75 year old widows out there shovelling the snow in front of their homes in 18 degree weather to avoid being ticketed. I mean really for goodness sakes. Granted I'm no 75 year old widow and therefore do not deserve any sympathy in this plight, but still.

It snows here for goodness sakes, but people act silly about it. Seriously, as soon as a flake falls the stores are completely cleaned out of bread, milk, and cheese. I'm no better, I too feel an overriding urge to get out there and stock up on groceries when it snows. I think it is a herd instinct or something.

Well, that's about all I've got for now. Sad I know, but I'll be back eventually. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love ya you old broad, but one day I am going to sue you when I fall on the glacier that is your front porch.

    I have fallen on that thing several times in the past. As a matter of fact, next Christmas you are getting salt and sand from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather you get the gutter fixed so it will stop leaking on the porch causing the glacier. :)


    Oh, and I did actually shovel all the snow the last time it snowed, but the glacier parts were impossible to get rid of, only several nice warm days will take care of that at this point.

    I'm trying to do better, really I am.

    ReplyDelete