Monday, October 01, 2007

The Girl Dog Assistant Blogger


She Likes To Sit At The Kitchen Table With Me.

And I let her. What kind of example am I setting here? It's too late now. She's already become accustomed to having things her way. We do at least make her get down if we are going to eat, so we are not totally trashy all right? I mean what's is so wrong about letting the dog sit at the kitchen table if she wants to? Huh? Tell me.

It sort of cracks me up because my father in law doesn't like animals all that much, and the last time he came to visit we sat down at the kitchen table, and here she comes up on the seat next to him and just sitting there. The look on his face was priceless. Really. I know he wanted to say something, but he didn't. So, I made her get down, and she went and put her paws on his legs and tried to give him kisses, which I could tell annoyed him because as I said, he is not much of an animal person. Instead of letting him dangle there, as much as I get a kick out of that, I put her outside, and of course she and the other one started barking like fools out there. Great. I can't win.

Look, my great-aunt Ducky used to say, "There is something wrong with people that don't like animals and children" and I think she was right. What is it about animals that they have this uncanny knack of picking out the one person in the room that does not like them? I mean really.

2 comments:

  1. She's lovely. Who wouldn't like to have such a companion for breakfast? Give her a hug from a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! She loves hugs, and any attention she can get. :)

    ReplyDelete