But First This.
All right, so I read this grrrreat post at Eternity Road, I know, they are all great, but this one was powerful, with a capital P. It's about Commies. They don't just live under rocks you know, they are real, and they have real power over millions of people around the world right now, as I write this very post. This is not a thing of days gone by, this is here and now people. Anyway, we all know the more extreme, and even the some of the mainstream leftists are a little too fond of communist ideology. Sure, they don't openly admit that. No sir. And they won't admit it. There are still people around who know the wretched results of full frontal communism.
No, they preach diet communism, and call it by other names, but it is still nothing more than a watered down version. Watered down in so many ways, but that doesn't matter either because it is still just as deadly and dangerous to freedom, and life. I think the thing that bothers me the most are how many people I come across in my everyday life that don't see a thing wrong with what Michael Moore and other diet communists of his ilk are proposing. That is what frightens me the most about it all.
I had a co-worker get really ticked off at me because I spouted off one day that, "Communists are evil!" He was extremely offended, and disagreed. We went back and forth for a few minutes and I had to reiterate that, forcibly taking property from people and redistributing it to someone else is EVIL. It just is. I think he got tired of arguing with me about it, and finally just accepted my numerous statements about the millions of people who have died as a result of gulags, and unavailable state run health care, and so on. Not to mention persecution, and executions of political prisoners and more. He only accepted my points with the caveat that, "Well, we aren't much better in the U.S." I just shook my head, and left it alone.
It is astounding. Oh they all hate Bush. Hate him with a passion. They summarize their hate with two words, "Iraq, and Katrina". Now, I can see them holding Bush accountable for Iraq in some ways, even if I don't agree with them on the war even if he did not act alone, but Katrina? What exactly was he supposed to do, magically make the storm go away? He is just one man. That really bothers me when people blame him for the aftermath of Katrina, again, he is one man, and as I recall he took the measures ahead of time to make the help available for them. Unfortunately, it turned out that the storm wreaked so much havoc, and the government agencies seemed to fumble when faced with the overwhelming situation, but it is all Bush's fault. No, it was just too damn big to get a hold on.
All of the looting, shooting, and lawlessness was Bush's fault dontcha know? I mean, he forced those people to stay in the city and wait for bureaucracy to get off it's duff and come and save them. Give me a break. It was just too big, and that of course is all the fault of one man sitting in Washington. Seriously, the irrationality of it all blows my mind. Funny, the biggest critics of the government's response are the same people who would like for all of us to put our faith in the government when it comes to our health care. I just don't understand this logic, and I don't think I ever will.
No comments:
Post a Comment