Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Got A Grip

All Better Now.

All right. I figured it all out. I am going to lay off of school this semester. I realized that my anxiety was not about home schooling, but about trying to take college courses, home school, and work all at the same time. That just is not going to work. I know I have to put my own schooling on the back burner until I get her established with this very new routine, and I need that as well. This is going to be a big change for both of us.

College is something I want to do, but I make fairly good money with my job, so I can put school on the back burner a little longer. Doing that means I am going to have to start taking better care of my body so that I can manage my physically demanding job for who knows how many more years. Anyway, I don't see this as a sacrifice. I am content enough for now.

I think seeing my daughter succeed where she thought she couldn't will make waiting a little while longer before I dive into school full throttle so much more worth it. I can wait on school. It will be fine.

I'm not freaking out any more. I am completely and totally at peace with this decision. I just think it is extremely important that we get off to a good start with her schooling. On that note, I am so completely excited about teaching her at home. I really can't wait. We have set the beginning of September to start. She's getting really excited too.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:12 PM

    Final result: two happy females.

    Sounds like a win/win situation to me. :)

    ReplyDelete