Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Not As Fun As Naked Yoga

Yard Work.

All right, I haven't been blogging because I have been doing naked yoga. Oops, sorry, I meant yard work. I think this post just died, the sad thing is it just started. I don't think I can salvage it, but I will try.

Nope, I don't think I can. Not unless I actually blog about naked yoga. I've never tried it mind you, so I don't have much to offer there. I can imagine it, and truthfully the image is not all that pretty. Maybe I just don't have a good enough imagination because all I keep seeing in my mind is an extremely hairy over weight man holding some sort of leg lift position, I have no idea what cutesy tootsy name that pose gets in yoga, but it doesn't matter anyway because the minute it happened every one witnessing it would forget the name, and would begin clawing at their own eyes. Or maybe I'm just immature, and am uncomfortable with nudity due to my prudish Puritannical American upbringing.

I'm not actually uncomfortable with nudity, per se. I happen to be nude under my clothes and I am perfectly all right with that. I wouldn't necessarily mind some naked yoga I guess, although I would probably rather not for the most part, and the only reason is I'd just rather not do yoga at all. I'd much rather take a walk, although I realize that won't make my abs look like Madonna's.

What draws a Doctor to the field of proctology anyway? That's what I was wondering today. If I were to be a Doctor that would not be my first choice of study. Now in all fairness I do see the need for proctologists, even the exit end of our pie holes sometimes unfortunately need attention. I realize this, and it is probably a silly thing to think about.

Thistle. It is the most evil (ob)noxious weed known to man. I hate the stuff. It is so prickly, stubborn and nasty it is almost impossible to get rid of. I think if I were to burn my yard, which I would never do for goodness sakes calm down people, the only thing still standing would be the thistle.

Every week countless hours of my extremely precious time are spent battling the thistle, and that other thing that has roots as strong as steel ropes. It rains, the grass and weeds grow three inches. It doesn't rain, the grass and weeds grow three inches. Right now I really need to mow the lawn twice a week just to keep it under control.

My itty bitty baby grass is coming up. This brings me much joy. We planted three little baby Aspen trees, they will bring much needed shade and interest to our back yard. The yard is freshly mowed and poop scooped. It was all worth it. The pulled hamstrings, the weird shaky thing my arm is doing whenever I try to use it, the sore muscles all over my body all of it--worth it.

That's what I've been doing. It is not nearly as exciting as naked yoga I'm sure, but still it is nice to see the fruits of our labors, and have the prospect of a nice yard in the future. Plus, the physical experience of being outside in the sun is great therapy for the body and soul. I highly recommend it.

7 comments:

  1. The fact that you refferred to your grass as "itty bitty baby grass" totally salvaged the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:49 PM

    Well, there's always naked yard work.

    In the back yard, anyway. Too much of an audience out front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my neighbor is into that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Keeps him off the street, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondering why procotologists go into the field is a legitimate question, I think. You have to ask yourself why anyone other than a gay man would have such a profound intellectual interest in that part of the anatomy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What draws a Doctor to the field of proctology anyway?

    I would guess it would be silence. Well, mostly silence, at least.

    Of course, dentists get some of it too, but it is not the same - they can see one's facial expression...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What draws a Doctor to the field of proctology anyway?

    Heavy drinking and having the DT's.

    Shaky hands won't cut it as a high priced cosmetic plastic surgeon, but don't matter so much sticking probes up people's bums ;->

    ReplyDelete