Isn't That What Life Is All About?
Well no, certainly not, but it was today. We had a little BBQ. Just an impromptu thing, we called up the family peeps yesterday and invited them over. After spending 12 hours cleaning the house (hubby even tackled the garage), shopping, and food prepping yesterday, we were finally ready to fire up the ole grill this afternoon.
I personally formed 23 hamburger patties from the big lumps o' meat I bought at the store yesterday. We also had umpteen number of hot dogs. I made the usual BBQ fare, potato salad, pasta salad, and cole slaw. We had chips, pickles, and olives too. Hubby manned the grill, and he did so without complaining one little bit although he probably would have rather gone downstairs and played his computer game. Pretty standard stuff.
Everyone piled in around 2:00pm as directed, and we proceeded to get our grub on. I thought it was fun although I was busy with kitchen stuff, getting kids drinks, and watching to make sure none of the youngin's pulled my dog's tail.
About 10:30pm everyone had gone home. I looked around and was completely amazed that despite having at least 6 children under the age of 10 in the house it was still in reasonably good condition. I call that success. My pets even seemed to survive the day unscathed, although my cat did venture out of his hiding place and cause one of the children to have a very nasty allergic reaction with the puffy eyes and sniffling and everything. If that wasn't enough, once my cat realized the power he had, he seemed to be following the child around trying to make him worse
Despite the mishap with the toilet overflowing from the 1 year old stuffing an entire double roll down it, the urine in the soda bottle in the garage, don't ask about that one, and having two divorced people in the same room for probably the longest period of time that they have seen each other, in who knows how many years, overall everything ran pretty smoothly. I will call it a good day.
Now, I'm pretty darn tired. I'm going to take some heartburn medicine which I am sure I will need, and head to bed, but not without first hollering at those two giggling girls to get to bed. I don't know what they are up to, but the laughter is a sure sign of something I most likely wouldn't approve of, and it most likely involves putting clothing on one of our poor pets or flatulence.
Good Night.
Nuttin' like a good fart joke!
ReplyDeleteI still do that, then take the covers and shake them up and down while my girl is asleep. That can be one rude awakening!
But would they dress up the pet if said pet were showing signs of flatulence?
ReplyDeleteheh. Probably, but I suspect the giggling would get completely out of hand in that situation.
ReplyDeletebut the potato salad as the bomb!! mom wants to know what you put in it!!
ReplyDeleteI will write it down, I just threw a bunch of stuff in it, but that's just the way I do it. I love potato salad with all of my heart.
ReplyDelete