Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Home

Thank Goodness.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes changing the time you leave the house by just minutes can completely upset your entire commute? Traffic seems to go in flows, some are good, some are teeth gritting, wheel gripping, brake hitting bad, today was bad. It seems we hit every single light, every single 4 cylinder beater in town seemed to be on the same course, and taking their sweet precious time smelling the Spring flowers along the way, or something.

Of course the motorcycle cops did nothing to help the flow of traffic. What kind of sadistic mother sets up speed traps during rush hour? It is brake light central when people see those cops sitting on the side of the road, their mustaches and mirrored sunglasses reflecting the sunlight which is already unbearable and blinding.

Add to that the fact that our roads are in horrible condition due to all of the ice and snow we had this winter. Cracks, potholes, uneven surfaces, and patched spots really make a bumpy stop and go drive just that much more frustrating. That our population has practically doubled in the last 10 years, and our roads were never made for this amount of traffic certainly does not help matters. Pretty much every road in this town needs resurfaced and widening.

Argh. I'm just glad I'm home. I'm not really ready for today. It is back to school, and I spent the last 2 days trying to get all my studying done so I would not start the week off behind in class. I almost made it, but this one class is taking up all of my study time, so I didn't get my math done. Tomorrow I will have to work on it some more.

I go back to work on Friday. I never have much time to study on the weekends. Besides I am not looking forward to heading back to the grind at all. We are heading into our busy time of year which means getting our butts kicked every day at work. I hate to say I don't look forward to going back, but there are a lot of changes going on around there, which mostly means, we work harder, but they don't pay us any more for our efforts.

I am not going to increase my work hours this summer as I usually do. Nope. I am going to take classes this summer. I always liked summer classes, they are shorter, and move along faster. I'm downright tired of this long drawn out semester, it seems the one teacher of mine is using the long semester as an excuse to screw with our heads as much as possible. I have never wanted a class to get over more than this one.

Ahh thank God for coffee. I love the stuff. My day does not go right if I don't start with a nice delicious cup of the good stuff.

I've just got to get through school. I am so thankful I can go now, I can't forget that. It is a blessing to be able to do this. I'm so lucky my husband is supportive of me going to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment