I blame it on that.
I was pretty tired, but not sleepy, when I drove home from work this evening. I was driving about 5 miles below the speed limit, in the right lane. I exited, got in the proper turn lane, I didn't do anything wrong. I thought. I was talking on my cell phone, maybe that is what it was.
I stopped at the light, and when it turned green I didn't hesitate to turn. I turned into the proper lane. It was then that I noticed this bozo in a mini van next to me flip me the bird as he passes me. My reaction was, what the? What did I do?
Being not in the mood for dealing with jerk offs in mini vans, I honked my horn, and gave it right back. I looked and it was some old man. Which for some reason really made me laugh. He stopped at the light in front of me, and was looking back at me, and I couldn't stop laughing because for some reason it struck me funny that a man my father's age would actually go around town flipping people off for no apparent reason.
He looked like a crazed lunatic as he sat at the light watching me laugh hysterically at him. I just couldn't help it. Finally, I just waved at him and smiled because I figured since he was picking for a fight with a woman half his age, it would probably bother him more if I did that. The light changed and he took off in a heck of a hurry.
All I could think is, what is a lunatic like that doing running the streets at all? It was so strange. My dad would never stoop to flipping off a woman in traffic, or anyone for that matter. This man was clearly not in his right mind. Whatever, I blame the moon. It seems to have brought the ugly out in a lot of people this weekend.
So I carry on, and as I approach the turn to my street there is a car just sitting in the middle of the street. I stop behind the woman, and wait. Well, she gets mad at me for doing this, yet I don't know what else to do, if I go around her I will literally miss my turn. She flips me off for having the audacity to not do whatever it is she thinks I should do and then drives on. Good gosh.
I'm glad I'm home. I plan on staying home until the moon wanes and these freaks go back under their rocks. And there you have it, not much of a post, but I suppose it will do for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment