Really I do.
So many things have crossed my mind this week that I've had to say, "That is going on the blog." Then, when I actually have time to sit down and pound on the keyboard, I get nothing at all. Nothing. Yet, I sit here wanting to write something, wanting to put something down. I don't know why, I just want to.
My own family rarely if ever reads my blog, although my husband did confess recently that he enjoys reading it. I never really knew that. He has always been very honest with me, I can't imagine he would say that for my own vanity.
I guess I'll start with my test results. Not exactly as I wished them to be, but not necessarily unexpected either. This is what he did, he graded our tests, which were a lot of writing about all sorts of interesting things, and he gave us a grade on that. I did quite well except on the last part which he graded specifically on grammar and our writing itself, and not necessarily the thoughts we had. On this part it seems I made several errors which resulted in lowering my grade from an "A" to a "C". Bummer.
Probably all of my sloppy blog writing has had an effect on my writing structure. I guess I'm a bit rusty with writing. The good news is, he is going to allow us to fix our errors and get those points back, which means I could get the "A" that I covet. I'm happy with that idea. It seems pretty fair to me.
Now, my sister on the other hand, had quite a strange thing happen. Apparently, he overlooked part of her writing, and thought she had not included it, and therefore gave her a zero for that section. She looked at me with tears in her eyes as she told me what she got on her test. I could not believe it. I encouraged her to speak with him after class, which she did, he apologized for missing it, and agreed to grade it over the weekend. Poor girl was about to drop the class, she looked at me and said, "D means Drop." Which I understand really.
What I have to do now is find in a writing book just what exactly the errors I made are, and then show him, and he will raise the grade. I guess I can handle that. I feel sort of embarrassed that my writing was so poor after all I actually write just for the fun of it. Granted it has been a long time since anyone has graded anything I wrote.
Wow. My life is incredibly boring. What's more, I just want to go to bed now. Ibuprofen, muscle relaxant, sleep. In that order. Good Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment