Saturday, January 13, 2007

Killer Smile

Sugar Overload.

Isn't it amazing how you can be having this great day, and you run into Ms. Sourpuss Face and somehow you just feel cruddy afterwards? I realize the world is full of all sorts of faces, but what is it about Ms. Sourpuss that just seems to spoil every great mood? Is it her haughty hateful attitude, or is it the way she sneers at the people serving her just because she can?

I used to have a boss that on a great many occasion looked like she had just taken a big old suck off of a lemon. She had the worst demeanor. She was such a sourpuss face that she could barely return a good morning through her clenched teeth, that is if she even bothered to respond beyond her usual glare.

Other people seem to just ignore the angry Ms. Sourpuss face. I usually can, in fact, I rather enjoy wrecking her day with an overwhelming amount of cheer. This is the antidote to the sourpuss face affliction, and if it doesn't work, well, it is fun to watch her anger grow all the while you smile and apologize for bothering her, while you are bending over backwards to serve her every want and need.

My dad always used to say when dealing with mean angry people the best thing to do is, "kill 'em with kindness." And you know, most of the time that works, at least it makes me feel better. If you have a Ms. Sourpuss face in your life, try a little sugar, no better yet try a sickeningly sweet molasses coated ridiculous amount of sugar, and enjoy watching her squirm.

Every once in a while I forget my dad's advice, and I get sucked into the anger vortex that is Ms. Sourpuss Face. I'm just reminding myself. Ahh, I feel better.

2 comments:

  1. Why, it must be some hormonal imbalance (like I know what it means). Anyway, it is forbidden to throw people like these into a river. The last I heard anyways.

    Kindness may work sometimes, but have you tried 2x4? Guaranteed to have an immediate effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:42 PM

    My mother was like that. It's taken me years not to get sucked into the anger vortex and to find pleasure in drinking sour lemonade. ;)

    ReplyDelete