Friday, January 19, 2007

I Like Totally Apologize

I'm Like Sorry, You know?

Like I totally apologize for neglecting my little website. I've been you know, like totally busy.

I've been busy like totally enjoying my awesome new couch. Like oh my gosh, it's so pretty. I've been inviting everyone over to just you know, like sit on it.

All right, all right, I'll quit it already. I have been enjoying the couch, but mostly I've been guarding it from the children who wish to sit on it, or worse play with their filthy toys on it. The children are not allowed to sit on it, they've got the yucky one they can sit on. It sounds so cruel, but I don't care. Actually, I'll let them sit on it, if I'm present, and that's the last thing they want. I've got to stand strong and firm now, before they get too comfy with the idea that they are welcome on my new couch.

I went to the store tonight and all I could imagine was my daughter and her equally messy friend jumping on my couch with glasses full of red kool-aid, while sucking on purple popsicles. I just can't have that my friends, you understand. I just cannot tolerate a red kool-aid stain on my brand new couch, ever.

And you know what? I'm right. Given the opportunity my couch will have sticky hand print smudges, pizza sauce, grape juice and whatever they didn't mean to spill on it. NO. I say NO. Not this time. There will be no built in cupholders, there will be no toys, or potato chip crumbs under the cushions. I will not give in. I must remain vigilant. I must remain strong.

More couch updates to follow. Is it wrong to mention the opportunity to sit on my new couch when I invite people over to visit? I called my sister and invited her to come and visit my new couch, and being the faithful and loving one she is, she came right over. We didn't actually sit on the couch now that I think about it, but it is the thought that counts.

The day the couch arrived my friend and her two kids came over, I made fajitas for dinner and after we ate we all went and sat on the new couch. I think they just came over to sit on the couch if the truth were known.

It is a truly exciting life I lead isn't it? I don't even want a t.v. in there, that might encourage people to sit on the couch for long periods of time therefore increasing their desire to have a beverage which might be spilled on the couch. If only I could convince people the benefits of spilling their drinks on the carpet instead.

I'm a very sick woman. At least I erased the camera phone pictures of the couch, I'm taking steps here. Baby steps.

5 comments:

  1. Heather, you are a scream. And if it makes you feel any better, I have the same attitude toward my sectional sofa.

    (Both my stepdaughters are grown women now...and I still resist their assumption that they've earned the right to sit on my couch!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how she feels. I bought a new chair/loveseat set last year and I hardly ever sit on either of them, lest I mess them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in this struggle. Knowing others are out there fighting the good fight will keep me resolute especially when faced with two 11 year olds holding 25 beanie babies in each arm, saying, "Please can we play on the new couch..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:15 AM

    Geez. I think I'm more protective of this stuff than I let on. That furniture I bought "last year"? Try November 2003.

    What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh. You're doing well if it's been 4 years and the furniture looks like it was purchased yesterday, or even last year. I hope I can do that. I'm up against enormous odds I'll tell you that!

    ReplyDelete