Indeed.
Tonight I saw one of the babies I used to care for when I worked at the daycare center. She was a precious little thing--oh heck they all were--and was one of my babies. Certain babies attached themselves to certain providers for whatever reason. She was one of mine.
I stared at her parents for a moment thinking, "I know those people". Then it dawned on me, and I chased them down an aisle at the store. I said "I know you!" It took a minute before they remembered me. The mother was saying to her husband just as I walked up, "I know her from somewhere." Surprise, we met on the other side of the world. Imagine meeting you here.
They've been here for 2 years. I was delighted to see the baby had grown into a cute little 4 year old. She still had the same sweet face, it was all I could do not to pick her up and give her a big ole hug, but I knew that probably would have scared her to death. I was satisfied with a little smile and a sheepish hello.
We chatted very briefly, and then I wished them well and moved on. What a small world it is really. I would love to see all the kids I cared for again, they were such precious little dears. I doubt that will happen, but I would be overjoyed if it did. You never know, stranger things have happened I guess.
I miss that place. Not the daycare center, no, not that. I miss the island. I miss the people, and my friends. I hope I get to see them again one day. Someday maybe. It's not such a big world.
No comments:
Post a Comment