Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

Have a Marvelous Year!

The whole neighborhood seemed to be celebrating last night, several people were setting off firecrackers. I think the German neighbors behind us, actually we have German neighbors on both sides, were schnockered. They were hooting and hollering outside at midnight, and having an all around good time it seemed.

We could see the fireworks atop Pikes Peak, which I didn't actually think we would be able to see from here, but I could just barely see them out of my bedroom window. Seeing those go off was something I remember looking forward to when I was a kid.

My friend's daughter spent the night last night, she and my daughter were giggling half the night. They are still zonked out on the couch, it's a huge couch. I woke up at 10a.m. which is very late for me. I have this crazy bedhead thing going on, and I didn't even drink, but I did get pretty much 10 hours of sleep, which I think my body just needed.

I will feel a little sorry for the hung over today, but not that much. I'm not a drinker, mostly because when I drink alcohol I feel like I'm going to die when it starts to take affect. Seriously, it makes my heart hurt, and I hate the way I feel on it. Pretty much ever since I became a mom, I've had zero tolerance whatsoever, but it got really bad a few years ago, when I had one drink at a restaurant and experienced the most awful reaction to it, ever since then I have the same feeling everytime I go near the stuff. Half a beer, that's about all I can take. Sometimes I wish I could get wild and crazy and tie one on again like the good old days, but the thought of feeling that ill will never let me drink much alcohol ever again.

That said, from one of the sober, unhungover people of the world, Have a Happy New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Hooting Germans (are you sure you don't have owls in vicinity?) and low tolerance for alcohol are not easy to cope with. Anyway, have a best possible New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:53 AM

    Wow, you and I are two peas in a pod.

    I went to the Tampa Bay Bucaneers football game New Years Eve day and was totally asleep by 10 pm.

    Gettin' too old for this stuff! I slept right through the neighbors shooting off fireworks til 2:00 am.

    No hangover here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I got pregnant I stopped drinking and never got my groove back. A glass of wine--twice a year--that's me.

    ReplyDelete