Take The Tree Down Already.
I'm well ahead of the game. I've already taken my tree down, and am completely done with holiday festivities until at least July. I like the 4th of July, I like a good barbeque. Whew. I'm actually glad that is all over.
I'm a tad superstititious, I believe one should try to start the new year off right, and that by doing so set things in motion for a good year. I'm afraid we've started off with a little debt, but hopefully we can get it whittled down some. If we were more patient we would have waited to buy the new things we bought until we could have just forked out the cash for it. We weren't patient, we bought a new computer, and a new couch, AND charged it! This goes against our principles, and we knew it wasn't the smartest thing, but we did it anyway.
Well, I'm paying cash for school, and we have some big expenses coming up which we will need to pay cash for, i.e. our car tags. That's about $2000.00 for all of those things, so it will all come out in the wash I suppose.
The couch was a bargain, I didn't want to pass it up. It was on clearance, I also bought the insanely humongous ottoman thing that was so comfy to put the feet up on when we were all sitting on the couch in the furniture showroom, will have pictures of that, believe me, it is huge. And I guess I was just feeding the beast of greed. I'm so looking forward to sitting on the thing and watching t.v. We will have a pretty living room, modest, but pretty. We have a cruddy family room downstairs, the couch is ugly, the furniture is functional, but cheap, the kind that falls apart if you move it once, well we've moved it a couple times, and it's pretty much at its permanent resting place until we get rid of it which won't be for a very long time.
When our child was younger she built in cupholders, yeah she actually took something and cut out cup holders in the arm of the couch. The cats have dug and pulled and tugged at the filling, and now the whole couch just looks completely jacked up. We will keep the cruddy couch until she is older, I'm thinking a nice housewarming gift when she gets her first place, yes, I'm that mean.
The kiddo has been given strict orders that there will be no funny business about the new couch. She'll be lucky if I let her sit on it. It is that nice. Yes, I'm that mean. She's got the ugly one that used to be a nice couch. It's downstairs where she can make her messes and people won't have to step over her junk when they first walk into the house. I don't know who these mystery people are, pretty much everyone I know is used to our house having a "lived in" look about it, and they are most definitely aware of the homemade built in cupholders in the couch, and know how they got there, and most of them think it is hilarious, but that's of course because it wasn't their couch it happened to.
So, pretty soon I will have to get a t.v. for the pretty living room otherwise it will just be sitting on the new couch and staring at my plants. I'll be able to watch t.v. again. I can watch all the HGTV, Food Network, Fox News, and Discovery channel I want to watch, and won't have someone pouting because they want to watch That's So Raven! Which is actually a pretty cute show, and I'm glad she'd like to watch that rather than many other things, I can even stand to sit and watch that one with her, but sometimes, just sometimes I like to just watch Fox News, and that is so boring to the kid.
We only have 2 t.v.s in this house, one in the family room, and one that is hooked up to a video game thing, and I don't like messing with it. Yes, I realize how nice we've got it. I wish the whole world could have things as good as we do in this country, but as far as I can tell, Communism, and Socialism has ruined things for many millions of people.
When you get to the point you start harping on Commies, albeit a legititimate source of griping, it is probably time to end the post. Give up your commie ways, and you too can have multiple t.v.'s and a brand new couch with an insanely enormous ottoman. Embrace freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment