It Hath Struck.
Been pretty much stuck in the house, although I could have ventured out today, and I did for a brief trip to Walgreens to pick up some makeup. I love Walgreens. I shop there way more often then I do the other Wal store. It is quite convenient. Yes, I buy make up at Walgreens, this is just one of the endearing qualities that keeps my husband happy. I'm low maintenance and willing to go cheap on most items.
Once I accidentally paid $98.00 for a skin product from one of those fancy department stores. I was with my sister, now she is much more expensive to have, but well worth it I'm sure. I figured the thing the lady suggested was about $30/bucks or something. She put a dab of the stuff on the back of my hand, rubbed it in, and instructed me to feel how much softer my skin felt. Oh and it did.
Then she told me to imagine how soft it would make my face feel, and I did. I asked her to wrap it up for me with one of their fancy dancy cleansers, and when I went to check out I didn't even pay attention to the amount, I just signed the receipt and went on my merry way. My husband would probably not be happy to know that I was so lackadaisical about the whole thing. When I looked at the receipt later I called my sister saying, "You won't believe how much that stuff cost me!" She said, "I know it's kind of expensive, but it's worth it." She's always been more of a spender than me, but that's for another post.
Now, now, I do have to say this, since I started using the more expensive cleanser and the fancy thing that cost $98.00 I have got a lot of compliments on my skin. Really. And the stuff has lasted a long time since somedays I don't use the expensive lotion thing, and it only takes a dab or so, I'm blessed with oily skin, believe me oily skin is much better for aging purposes, I rarely get pimples or anything so it's pretty balanced. I ran out of the cleanser and thought I would just try a different type, and I haven't been as happy with my skin. I'm generally not all that fussy about my skin anyway, but I have noticed a difference. I think I will get some more of that brand of cleanser, and it wasn't that much at about $40.00, it was just a lot more then I usually spent on stuff from Wal...
Oh gosh, that's not what I planned to write about at all. It was the storm. That's what I was going to talk about. What a doozy, but really, it was the wind that was so bothersome. I've seen way more snow than what we were left with, although some people seemed to get a lot more. I feel sorry for the people stuck in airports. I cannot even imagine, although I have slept on the floor of the SeaTac Airport, that was not so fun, those people stuck with the storm are in a much worse situation altogether though.
I missed out on two whole days of worry free Christmas shopping, BUT I got to spend two days with hubby and daughter with very little distraction, so, I spent the whole two days pretty much cleaning house, and spot shampooing carpets, but we were together, home together, it is a beautiful thing. Today I chilled out a bit more, satisfied that the cleaning I did yesterday was sufficient. I made a big ole pot of stew today. We ravaged it.
I'm officially sick of comfort foods, I'm dying for a pizza, but I wouldn't dream of ordering one and making someone else come out in this weather. My brother came over yesterday during the blizzard and we baked cookies. A ton of cookies. I'm sick of cookies too now, that won't last long though, who could become permanently tired of cookies?
Usually I try to cherish snow days, I consider them one of the true days off from life, assuming that one is able to enjoy it that way. I realize that life can encroach on a day off at random, and it is not fun to be in need during a blizzard, but if possible one should enjoy it. Most of the time I don't want the snow days to end to quickly as they often do. I want the safe cozy feeling of being home with no where to go to last as long as possible.
This time it got a bit old quickly, probably because we just had a couple of snow days not that long ago. It doesn't help that I had so many things planned that will have to be rescheduled. I'm not complaining mind you, I wouldn't trade this time for anything, although it's not special if it happens all the time.
Tomorrow it is back to the grind. I better get rested. I should have gone to bed already, I've been entertaining a slightly sore throat for a couple days now, whatever this is seems to be progressing slowly, but I have no idea how I'll feel tomorrow, and I can't very well just call in sick after just ending my days off.
Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThank You! Merry Christmas to you!
ReplyDelete