Saturday, December 23, 2006

What To Do During A Snowstorm


Take Over Dog's Bed.

I had to put the doggie bed next to mine so that I could convince the little girl dog that she really didn't belong on the people's bed. Now I say, "Down!" and I point to her doggie bed, which she ignores completely. So then I call her over and pet her until she falls asleep beside me on her little bed.

One night I was talking on the phone with my best friend from third grade, and she heard me arguing and complaining about the dog trying to sleep on the bed. So b.f. went into full Dog Whisperer mode and instructed me on how to get that dog out of my bed. She lectured me on how I must not treat the dog like a human, that the dog does not understand human stuff, and that the dog needs to know her place, immediately, like now! I did as instructed, and had a great night of sleep.

Ms. Thang likes to spoon, she does seem to think she is a people, and darn it all if she is not the funniest dog. In her desire to be as close to me as possible while I sleep, she has taken to completely hogging up the bed, which is a bad thing. I'm a deep sleeper who likes to sprawl out. I'm going on and on, suffice it to say, the dogs no longer sleep on the bed, and I'm glad about it.

But the cats, well, that's another story. I can tolerate a cat on my side while I sleep. It is actually comforting, I kick him off when I've had enough.

The cats like the dog bed. It's much better than what they usually sleep on. You see, one of them likes to drag my husband's socks and underwear under the bed and make a nice little nest to sleep right in the center of. At least the cat finally quit dragging hubby's underwear into the cat box. Probably because there are none close by since we moved things around. We don't know why the cat did that in the first place, but we used to really crack up about it.

Anyway, I've got a lovely camera phone picture of the cats taking it easy on the dog bed. Yes, my husband is a patient man, and he hasn't even threatened to divorce me for having brought home 3 orange cats, although I wouldn't dare bring another critter into this house. A man can only be pushed so far.

You see, unless one has had direct experience, most people do not realize that Orange Cats are particularly onery. They are the types to wander around the neighborhood brawling with any Tom they meet. Some orange cats have even been known to frequent such places as The El Presidente bar and pool hall in Garden City, Kansas, and are widely known for knocking heads and breaking balls. The El Presidente is not for your run of the mill Siamese, or Persians, no, only the toughest thugs of the cat world would hang out there.

Well our 3 boys are rather tame for Orange cats, we pretty much keep them indoors. Every once in a while, usually during a BBQ when the back door is unattended one of them will slip out and go on a two week jaunt to Liberal and come back with many a scar and a story to tell. It is as all Orange cats are prone to do given the opportunity. That said, here they are:

No comments:

Post a Comment