Snowed In.
Why it takes a snowstorm, the schools closing down, and pretty much having no where particular to go as a result of it, to get me to clean the house is beyond me. I guess no one wants to really be trapped inside with their own messes including me!
Did I mention that I love snow? I most certainly do. Something about the quiet that comes with a snowstorm is so comforting. Ever notice how the snow seems to stifle all other noise? It's so deeply relaxing. I love how the heater sounds when it pops on.
Waking up to everything covered with snow is so wonderful. Snow is beautiful too. I love the crunch of snow under my shoes when I go out in it. I don't particularly like shovelling the stuff though. I'd rather not if given a choice.
Well, I'm not really trapped inside, I could venture out in the snow if I wanted to. I've been hearing reports of cars sliding in to curbs and ditches all morning. Curbs and ditches people! I think that's probably enough of an incentive to stay in if at all possible. I do realize that many people have 9-5 grinds they must get to, and no I don't feel particularly sorry for them. These are the same people I serve every weekend, and holiday. I don't feel sorry for myself either, I realize that those are the days I must work to have my job. I agreed to that. There's no sense in complaining about it now.
It has just been my good fortune today that the snow came on a day that I did not have to leave the house if I did not choose to. It could have easily came on Saturday, but it didn't. So I'm just going to enjoy the solitude, and home time. School was cancelled, so the kid is around making messes and doing her usual. Perhaps I will attempt to channel that energy of hers into a productive activity like sorting clothes for the laundry, or vaccuuming much neglected carpets.
Who am I kidding? I did get her to take the trash out, but that was just because she wanted to get out in the snow. Here she comes now. She wants me to warm up the car and take her somewhere. Something about picking up her friend. My mom has already called me asking if I was going out, if I would pick her up some milk, she's out of milk and has decided she needs milk today, now.
I think that's the end of that. Perhaps I will have to venture out, but if I do go get her friend, they're going to be cleaning house with me. I mean it.
No comments:
Post a Comment