Thursday, September 07, 2006

Would You Kindly Remove Your Sock From My Right Nostral Please

Or, I'm Sick.

Which makes me quite whiny. I'm terrible really. I can't think straight, don't want to do anything, and have been walking around in my pajamas, and cuddling a box of Kleenex like a 4 year old with a satin blanky since early evening when I realized that I was truly not feeling well at all. It might be a cliche to say my nose is running like a faucet, but it is, and I've been doubling up on tissue with each painful blow, it's necessary, I need the extra reinforcement there. At one point I sat pathetically at the kitchen table with a kleenex stuffed up my nose, just hanging there, and I did not care if anyone saw it either. The thing I hate about it the most is it's completely stuffed up, but running at the same time, so I can't even sniffle at all, it's just catch the stuff when it runs out, there's no sucking it back in. Oh come on, you know you do it too.

I tried to study for my test coming up on Tuesday, but I couldn't. Somehow my brain is in a fog as well. At this point the only thing even remotely appealing to me is reading my favorite blogs. It's effortless, entertaining and takes my mind off the fact that the top half of my head is pounding.

All in all it's been a sick week around here, I'm not surprised that I've finally been taken down to level after the nasty bug my daughter has been fighting all week. Fever, sinuses, cough, in her case bronchitis which called for a healthy dose of anti-biotics. I demanded that she return to school today since her fever finally broke last night. As much as I love her, I do actually kind of look forward to the time when she is at school.

Here's the list of people I'm reading, while I shamelessly stuff tissues up my nose and discard them in a pile ON the desk:

Mr. Kim du Toit


The dear Francis Porretto


One of my very favorites The Passing Parade

One who gives a great tongue lashing: The Baby Troll Blogger

Always something interesting to be found at Tinkerty Tonk, plus I like the ring of it

The girl is smart, Serenity's Journal

She says she's done, but I hope she's not, Frankensoul

The Crazy One, who makes me laugh, she's got a cutting wit, that Samantha Burns

2 comments:

  1. Why, thank you for the compliment, ma'am, and I trust you will feel better soon. If not, try Nyquil. Nyquil is proof positive, actually I think it's fifty proof positive, that Big Pharma is on God's side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:57 PM

    Thanks for the link love and praise.

    Hope you get better real soon if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete