I'm Going to Post Something.
It's pitiful, I haven't had the time nor inkling to get on here and post much of anything, and that is probably why this is one of the most decidedly boring and unpopular sites out there. Yes, I do sometimes go through the blogrolls of complete strangers clicking on random but interesting sounding links to other sites, and am often surprised what sort of complete crap is linked to out there. Whatever. It's called denial, and yes, I must be unable to admit to myself that I really truly suck at this. Again, whatever.
Given the loss of one of the big daddy's of the blogosphere with his sudden passing, I got to thinking, if I were to die tomorrow, whatever I've put on this site may or may not be a testament to others the kind of person I am. At least in some small part. The question I most ask myself is, what would my kid think of me by reading this site? My daughter is only 11 years old, there is a lot of growing that happens between 11 and adulthood. My best friend's mother died when she was 9, she has faint memories of what her mother was really like.
What sort of things would my daughter learn about me by reading this site? The reason I don't write all that often about her is because I don't feel it is my place to. Suffice it to say, she's a very unique child in many ways, and of course I adore her completely and totally with all of my heart. She might gather nothing from reading this site, I don't know, but what she may or may not someday think about all this is definitely a guide for me to follow.
Just a thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment