Friday, September 15, 2006

What's Needed Here

Just A Little Balance.

Had my first test this week, I was the first one done, which may or may not be a good thing, but I feel pretty confident that none of the questions stumped me too bad. It feels so good to be back in school. Going back has been something I've wanted to do for years, but I could just never make it happen.

I'm still working 32 hours a week at my job, and taking one class this semester. I'm hoping I can take 2 classes next time. I'm paying for it with cash so it's all going to depend on the money situation. Lordy, when did books get so expensive? My book for one class was $116.00.

There is a woman in my class that still doesn't have her book, I don't know why she doesn't, it's not my business really. She sits and looks over the shoulder of this guy, that would really annoy me. I hope she never sits next to me, I just might get up and move. I have no idea how she studied for the test or anything, it's really bizarre. We're a month into the class now, and she has no book.

Hubby still is a week on and a week off, on the week he's gone I've got to work hard to keep everything in balance. Last week the house got out of balance, everything was strewn all over, and the floors needed vaccuumed.

Our normal routines and schedules have been disrupted by sickness, injuries, appointments, and so on, everything is out of whack. All of the routines have been shaken up, tossed around and disturbed. Honestly, I'm not even rigid about routines, but as busy as we are we've got to have some sort of consistency.

I'm trying not to get too overwhelmed with it all. My mother in law has helped with the house and dishes, she will be moving out next month though. She probably thinks we're a bunch of pigs, but she doesn't say so. We're not really.

I came to the realization that I'm not a housewife. I need to stop trying to act like one. I also informed my husband that I am not a housewife, therefore I can't be solely responsible for the housework. He got it, he's been so helpful. I just want him to come home and just relax on his time off, but he does help enough that we have a good balance when we want to. That's what it's all about.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:42 AM

    If you are not using finanical aid or loans, purchase your books through half.com. You will be VERY surprised how cheap you can get textbooks. It's the only way I survive college!!

    I'm so glad you're finding balance. And I'm REALLY glad that you are pursuing your dreams. YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:13 PM

    When I was in grad school back in the early 80's I has a couple of Taiwanese roomies. At the time, all the textbooks being used in American universities were being printed in Taiwan as well. They had flimsier paper and bindings of course, but the contents were identical, and they cost 1/3 what the US one did even after the cost of shipping from Taiwan was factored in.

    Might see if you can cozy up to some Taiwanese students and see if they'll throw your stuff on an order they're going to place with the folks back home. The Taiwanese are wonderful people to hang out with. They pretty much love anything American.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely be on the look out for some Taiwanese folks to befriend. :)

    ReplyDelete