Wednesday, September 20, 2006

As Soon As I Can

Hopefully Soon.

After I take a shower, go to my mom's, do some chores for her, run to the store for her, then go pick up the kids at school at 3:00 p.m., bring them home, make a snack, clean up the snack, chill out for a few, start cooking an actual meal, crack open my book and read at least one of the 2 chapters I will be taking a test on BEFORE next tuesday, after all of that is done, I will come and post something.

I've had a ton of ideas swirling around in this head of mind, and not one moment to sit down at the computer. I could have done it this morning when I got back from taking my kiddo to school, but let me be honest, my bed just looked too inviting. I took a nap instead where I dreamed about work, and actually told off a rude customer, which would never happen, which is why the dream was so pleasant, and I didn't want to wake up from it when the phone rang, but I had to. It's my own fault for putting the phone on the pillow where my husband usually sleeps, "just in case" someone calls me.

So Mr. Conner and I had to get up, and he's here now meowing at me wondering why we can't go back to bed like the normal cats do. It should be obvious to the cat, but he refuses to admit that the dog should get his turn too. I know the dog is all sprawled out in the bed all day when we aren't home, when we are out working our rumps off. We work hard so our pets don't have to. Which has caused me on more than one occasion to admit to myself that man is not actually top dog in this world. The real top is the American house pet. They are truly the most prosperous and spoiled species in all of the world, and maybe even the universe I imagine.

The hairy beasts do nothing all day but wait for the bowl to be filled, the water refreshed, they inhabit all corners of the home while the "owners" of said home are out doing whatever is required of them to pay the actual mortgage. It is deliciously entertaining to think of it as it really is, the pets are the ones who get to actually enjoy the new homes the most, having the whole place to themselves a lot of the time.

Oh well, I suppose it's worth it knowing that no intruder will happen onto an empty house. Here he will find no room in the bed, and cats that will definitely get his burgular suit all hairy by rubbing up against him and trying to cuddle. I'm not sure what my dog would really do if someone broke in, but I think the idea is that most burgulars would rather not find out, and would just as happily pilfer through the underwear drawers of some other home.

Well, I've got to run. Be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment