Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Kiddo's Blog

Glad I Let Her Try It.

Had I known that making her a little blog would get her interested in writing I would have done it a long time ago. Yes, I do edit her posts for spelling and gramatical errors, as best as I can, I make plenty of my own mistakes I'm sure. I ask her questions about what she's writing to get her to work on filling in the blanks here and there.

Usually what I do is have her sit down and write her post, then I tell her not to post it until I read it. Then we sit here together and go through the post before submitting it. So far it's been a great experience for both of us. Reading and writing have been very trying subjects for her, and anything that makes her interested in either is thrilling for me.

She seems to want to write a lot about the cats, and her dad and I, but as I said, anything is better than nothing. It's been a struggle for years trying to get her to have any interest in anything in print at all, I'm happy about it.

It's not just good for her reading and writing, it's a positive creative outlet for her as well. She wanted a myspace account, but honestly, myspace seems kind of raunchy to me, it rings too much of an aol chat room type thing. On the blog I actually have a lot more control over the interactions because I can shut off comments if some dippy doo comes around trying to cause trouble, and I read everything before it is posted to ensure she is not inadvertantly giving out personal information. She can still do templates, and post pictures and stuff on her blog. She's just a beginner and like her momma knows nothing about html either.

Soon enough I suppose she'll completely surpass me in computer knowledge. I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:29 AM

    meet people Whats The Right Match Dating Site? Learn more. Please visit meet people

    ReplyDelete