Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I Went To The Doctor Again

Again. (rated at least PG-13)

Was doing pretty good after the horrific head, nose, throat and chest "cold", but then my ears decided they weren't getting enough attention and my left ear just completely stopped working at all. Then as if that wasn't enough, it filled up with fluid and just kind of sat there like "heh heh." Experience told me that all that fluid hanging out in there just might become painful as the bacteria started having orgies and reproducing themselves in numbers that don't work out neatly like triplicate, or quadruplicate, but are much more complicated than that.

I now have the Doctor's phone number programmed into my cell phone, and make appointments while I'm on my way to wherever it is I am always having to go, I think it's safe to say we are now on a first name basis. Not only that, but now I am scheduled for all sorts of other appointments, like at some point I will be having a tube stuffed up my nose and down into my stomach to look at my esophagus, or something to that effect, and then I have to call back and have the other end looked at as well. Not the other end of my digestive tract, but the part that women love to talk about in mixed company just to see the guys squirm when they think about it. Yeah, that one.

Christine did not like the fact that it's been over 6 years since I've had the dreaded PAP smear, I told her I haven't missed it one bit. She said, "Now listen here, you are going to come in here, and I am going to have a look up your cooter, and you're going to be thankful for it, and I am going to share the information with your insurance company so please do take the appropriate measures and make sure everything is in order and nice and neat when you come in, you don't want this to be a topic at our next staff meeting do you? Well?"

That's just for me, we also planned appointments for the kiddo as well. She had bloodwork done last week and has to go and do the test again because frankly, someone was incompetent at the lab and didn't shake the tube up and it clotted, but hey, Christine figured that would be a good time for me to go and get my test done too. Which was really smart of her I think.

I left there thinking, wow, I can never leave this place, I've finally found a Doctor's office I love. Now I must sound like I go to the Doctor all the time. I promise that I don't. It's just a lot of things have come about all at once, and well it's a pain in the butt making appointments and things, if you have one that's willing to get as much done as possible in one visit, you better do it.

Oh and she gave me some antibiotics for my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment