Bonding At The Video Store.
We share a special bond. I guess we've been together so long that our biological processes are almost perfectly timed now. Apparently that is. After a lovely dinner at a local Italian restaurant as we drove home we decided we would stop and rent just one movie, and that way we could enjoy some time together alone on the couch watching it.
We entered the store and started walking the wall looking for something of interest. I wandered along faster than he did and soon I found myself all alone on the north east corner of the store, just as well I thought because after eating such a rich dinner there seemed to be a humongous gas bubble banging around inside me waiting to be let out. It was really hurting. I looked around, no one was in sight, I let a bit go, it didn't stink I thought, so I decided to just let the wind blow and feel better.
That's when I realized that the initial smell test I did was completely wrong, that in fact not only did it stink, it stank really really bad. It was the thick smelling kind that just hangs there not willing to dissapate and leave. Just then my husband wanders by, "oh my gosh, I'm glad to see you, we need to leave this area immediately!" I tell him. "Why?" He asks. "I've got horrible gas, and it stinks, smell the air." I replied.
"Eww. Oh my gosh it does stink!" He announces. "Yes, I know, now come on, there are teen agers walking this way," and I duck down the aisle. We weave in and out of aisle's trying to get as far away as possible, and that's when I say, "we've got to get out of here, forget the movie, this is too embarrassing, let's go." And he agreed. As we made our way through the rows of movies, he tells me that he too just experienced extreme gas pains on the other side of the store, and thought he was alone and let it out only to find that indeed he was not alone, and some woman walked by him and said, "Excuse Me!" So, he said, "Excuse me!" right back to her.
That's when I saw the teen agers come out of the area where I had left the horrible stench, and they were laughing uncontrollably, the look on their faces told it all. I know they knew we did it, my only salvation is that I got out of there before he did, so it looks more like he did it then I did, or at least that's what I'm hoping. I tell you it was a bad one.
We got to the car both humiliated and laughing hysterically at each other. It was bad, we both had tummy aches, and had been overwhelmed to the point having to release it. It must have been something we ate. We never did get a movie to watch. All in all it was a good night though.
No comments:
Post a Comment