Get This.
There are some who use the negativity thing as a weapon. I've finally seen it in action. The thing that I could not put my finger on that bothered me about all this be positive no matter what stuff has finally become clear to me. Let's face it, when working in close quarters, folks can get on each other's nerves, but being professionals, people must overcome petty differences and work together in a somewhat friendly manner, even if they would never be the sorts to go out after work and have a drink together. I can handle that, it goes back to what I was saying about treating each other with dignity and respect.
I'm still trying to understand just what exactly is expected of me as an employee. I see that in the group we have many different sorts, but we've all been instructed in no uncertain terms that as a group we are to avoid those of the negative bent. For the greater good and morale and all, and maybe even for the children, if we employed them, we have to keep our chins up, and have a happy demeanor.
Now with this new thing, whenever a co-worker says something negative, it is perfectly acceptable to shun them, throw your hands in the air and say, "I don't want this negativity!" It happened to me. I didn't realize that I was being offensively negative the other day, but it was pointed out to me by an obviously morally superior person. There we were on our lunch break, and I had the audacity to say, "I don't know that I really like that particular famous singer, he's sort of weird to me." Boy, had I let the cat out of the bag with that statement. Immediately, a co-worker who was sitting at the same table, said, "I'm getting away from this negativity!" And got up and moved to another table. I swear it happened.
Well, of course I was a bit surprised, but then I thought about it more. How passive aggressive can you get? I can see how this whole negativity thing can be used now. If you're feeling particularly pissy, and feel like taking it out on someone, it's perfectly acceptable to target anyone saying anything that could remotely be construed as negative, and proceed to embarrass them. How satisfying. How superior.
The co-worker did say after it was obvious that I did not find that action or statement the least bit entertaining that it was a joke. Haha, isn't that hilarious? I didn't think so. I've never taken too kindly to jokes like that. Oh and by the way, I was informed that this co-worker actually did like the singer I was referring to, a lot. I wanted to say, well, are you fucking related to him or something because you sure are taking a half hearted little comment very seriously. Whatever.
There you have it.
No comments:
Post a Comment