Meltdowns.
My father says it all the time, "these days, we take every position to the extreme!" I'm much inclined to agree with him. Perfect example, those who love to spout the "seperation of church and state" non-sense. Come on, librarians wearing crosses, Christmas trees in the town square, visible religious displays on any public property at all, government office clerks being ordered to remove festive decor from their desks, it's just plain ridiculous. Children in public schools no longer have Christmas programs or parties, no more Halloween, or Easter, all have been conveniently renamed to more appropriate secular celebrations like, Fall Harvest, and Winter Celebration.
People act like they are going to die from one whiff of second hand smoke. Now, I understand someone not wanting to smell cigarette smoke in public places, but at least allow businesses the freedom to provide smoking areas for their smoking guests if they choose. Smokers are people too.
Taxes are too high. The good ole gov takes over $1000.00/month just from my husband's paychecks, that does not include what is taken from mine, I don't know what they take, I've stopped looking, it just pisses me off. April 14th has become the great re-distribution of wealth day in this country. Our little family of 3 clings with all our might to middle class, fighting desperately to stay above poverty line. We make just enough, or too much that we pay quite a lot, but the money we're paying we need, but Uncle Sam doesn't think we need it, he thinks someone else needs it more. Has anyone noticed the price of housing?
My husband is busting his balls out there to get our family in better financial standing, but $1000/month of that goes to what? Not to our retirement that's for certain, not to buy a home, or a better education for our child who can barely read. No, it goes to some fat bitch collecting $600/month in food stamps, and waiting for tax time to get her "earned income credit" nevermind that it's someone else's earned income she's getting.
I have friends clinging desperately to middle class that do not have health insurance, but some ILLEGAL immigrant can go in and get immediate financial assistance and health services for FREE. Then, have the audacity to fly a fucking Mexican flag and demand rights at "protests".
Oh yes, let's legalize all of them. That's extreme. I work with a woman from the Ukraine who sends money home to her family suffering there, she's waiting 7 years in hopes that her son and his family can come here. How do you think she feels about illegal immigration?
Don't tell me Mexicans do jobs that Americans won't do. I do not believe that at all. And what happens if we give them amnesty, or legalize them or whatever the idiots in Congress have on the table today? Do you think they will still want the jobs no one else supposedly wants? Hell no. It took me over a year to find a job after hubby left the military. I'm terrified of being unemployed again ever.
Want a positive note here? I know how important it is to be positive. The only plus I see from the immigration boom is that is that they are not bad people, they value family, God, and seem for the most part just want to be left alone. They don't make bad neighbors, at least not from my experience. They share the same types of values give or take a few customs here and there. Mexican families we want, rogue roving bands of Mexican gangs we don't.
Do I have faith our gov will handle all of this well? Oh God no. They're going to screw it all up royally. Their careers will not be lost on this cause, and they will act accordingly.
The other day I watched an expose on Communist China, where a reporter was secretly documenting those living in tents where their homes used to be. Some of the families had lived in the same home for generations, but it was all being torn down so that high rise buildings could be built in their place. It's all for the greater good you see. Sort of reminded me of the land grabs taking place here in our own country thanks to the wisdom of the cronies on the Supreme court, and eminent domain. We're turning into a bunch of pinkos here. Those old bastards should all be fired. I could interpret the constitution better than that. Buh bye property rights.
So, here are the solutions I know of for these problems. Tell the sep of church and state crowd to go stuff a turkey with themselves. (won't happen) Forget about it if you are a smoker, there is no solution coming, prepare for the days that you will not receive health insurance, or be hired for a job if you smoke, I don't think that is too far off. Don't expect any of those heavy taxes on cigarettes to be a benefit to you at all either, I know they said it was to defray health costs associated with smoking, but they've spent the money on something else, and since you're a stupid smoker you don't deserve help anyway. At least it won't be you forever, I see the "we know better than you do" types agitating about fat peeps now. You'll be old news soon.
If you are a middle class type, hang on, help is not on the way. Resign yourself to that fact, and keep paying. Do the best you can with what they let you keep. Think small. And try not to get sick.
As to illegal immigration, about the best idea I've heard is, build a big ass fence. Then, make people wait in line like everybody else. This is not the early 1800's anymore. We've got upwards of 300 million folks here now. We will find somebody to prune our bushes, and clean the rich Hollywood liberal's mansions. Round 'em up and send 'em home. There are many other people in the world that might like a chance to gain citizenship here as well, they also come from downtrodden lands. We should be fair about this right? Wait in line like everybody else.
On eminent domain, I suggest we stop making policies that mimic communist models for a start.
Got any better ideas?
No comments:
Post a Comment