Really.
The boss went to a great deal of effort to convince us that what we think really does matter to them. The boss made it perfectly clear that those who do not think the correct thoughts--happy thoughts--are "negative", and "nobody wants to be around negative people, even other negative people."
I wondered, how does anything ever improve if everyone is afraid to point out the faults--the negative. Well apparently, there is a correct way to point out messed up shit, it must be framed in the appropriate language, said in just the right way, and one might escape the wrath and judgement of co-workers and the management teeeeeeeeeeam, and not be forever deemed negative. Go team!
Sometimes it makes me wish for the good old days when the boss didn't really give a toot what I thought. I mean really, I go in, do a good job, help others, smile, follow all the rules that I can, isn't that enough? Does my employer really need to attempt to control my inner most thoughts as well.
Honesty is not valued. Period. Being truthful is wrong, it's bad, and no one will like you. Saying what you really think is negative, unless it is wrapped up in rainbows and butterfly kisses.
I can't talk about it really, you might not like me if you knew I thought it was all a load of crap. Just shut up.
No comments:
Post a Comment