He's Out Of Town.
I really miss him. He's been gone for over a week now. None much has happened in that amount of time, there was a parent teacher conference, work was busy, oh and our 12th wedding anniversary.
I worked that day, I knew hubby would be out of town, so I didn't request that day off. I sent him a text message that morning wishing him a happy 12, and offering to spend at least 12 more with him. He did not reply, he's not a text messager.
At work, I arrived to a fairly busy day, and was disappointed that my lunch had been cut short. It's a silly thing, I know. I get emotional at times for the darndest reasons.
I rushed to the employee cafeteria at lunch time. Hubby was on my mind. As it happened I took my phone with me, something I rarely do, but I thought I might send him another message. While I stood there waiting for the food on the grill, I felt that familiar buzz in my pocket, I pulled the phone out, and there was his face staring right at me. His picture shows up when he calls, I programmed it that way on the phone, it is so Star Trek, and makes me feel all modern and stuff.
He called me, he never calls me when I'm at work, in fact, he rarely calls anyway, he's not a caller type. Awww, I answer, "hi honey." We exchange the where are you, what are you doing, etc. stuff, and he says, "I love you, Happy Anniversary."
Our phones disconnect us and break up about 10 times, we both happened to have very bad reception where we were at the moment. Finally, we get a quick, "I'll call you later, love you, bye!" in there and I go sit down with my lunch. Tear. Sniffle. Tear. I hold them back, I don't know why I felt like crying. I'm not a crying type. I look at the t.v. and think, "oh frick, someone put it on ESPN!" I eat, and debate with myself getting up and changing the channel, I decide not to, I just don't care enough to do it.
I miss him. Sure, we've had time apart over the years, he was in Thailand for 3 months while we were stationed overseas. It was a long 3 months, he rarely called. He was working. I knew that. It is the same now, he is in a different state working. He doesn't call much, I send him text messages all the time, I know he reads them, and they make him feel good, he told me they did.
This time is different though, I'm worrying. He's started a new job, it's a good job, but a very difficult one. And I'm worrying everyday about him, is he happy with things? Is he warm where he is? I have a lot on my mind right now, our lives have taken a dramatic turn, we think for the better, we think we've made good choices, smart choices, yet we have not been shown the results of our risk taking yet.
This is a big thing. One of the biggest things we've done in the past few years. Everything is changing really fast. I think he'll be home tomorrow night, I can't wait to sit and talk with him, and find out what's been happening in his world this past week. I just hope he's all right with everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment