Reality
I like to imagine...one day...hopefully 50 years at the very least from now when I am dead and gone, my daughter will enjoy reading this blog. Maybe even my great grand children will find something of interest here. Who knows?
I haven't been writing much here for quite some time. Mostly, the reason for my absense, has been because I have been busy playing an online game (Everquest). Hell no it's not Podunktown, on Face Space or whatever the thing is called. Yes, I admit I did make a fake Space Face name so that I could go spy on people I went to high school with. Yes I did. I logged in check out a whole bunch of people's SpaceFaces and moved the hell on with my life. Just like I did when I graduated from High School. I did not look back. I have only passing interest in it otherwise, and just like face piercing's: I Don't Get The Appeal.
This must be the point where I get dropped off at some greasy spoon truck-stop just off of the great information superhighway of life to die with my bottomless cup of coffee and boring old blog. Blogging is so 2004, but I really can't see publicly humiliating myself in any other way. Blogging is real, people spend a lot of time (some of them, I'm not one of the people I speak of) putting their thoughts, concerns and care together on their blogs. Twatter, or SpaceFace, really those are fine. I don't want anyone to feel the need to defend these things at all, I just really don't have much interest in them. They feel too joiny to me.
Actually, I am very glad for those things though, and glad that people enjoy the networking sites. So this is not a slam for that, it really is not meant to be an insult, I'm more poking fun at myself.
LMAO @ "Twatter" and "SpaceFace" and "Podunktown"
ReplyDeleteEvercrack, eh? ;-) I actually seriously looked at WoW the other day and then quickly walked away reminding myself of how much I called a co-worker a dork for playing it and then getting the dork call thrown back at me for playing Neverwinter Nights. LOL
LOL yes, I'm a huge EQ nerd.
ReplyDelete