Avoid Hungry Cats.
I got sketchy sleep last night at best, and it's all the cat's fault you see. He kept me up all night because he was hungry. I'm not starving the poor boy, it's just that he is having oral surgery today, and couldn't eat or drink after 6:00pm last night. Of course being a cat, night is the time of day that he likes to eat, so he missed his meal last night and was definitely going to let me know it, and he did about 25 times throughout the night if my fuzzy brain cell remembers it correctly.
Poor thing has bad teeth. He's only 8 years old which is relatively young for a cat to have rotten teeth. I asked the vet what I did wrong, was it the wrong food, or what? She told me that just like some people have bad teeth, so does my cat. And because I know people love details, I will proceed to gross you out. Sunday he came up to me and his breath was more stinky than usual, I looked in his mouth and saw a horribly infected canine, the whole roof of his mouth around the tooth was bright red and swollen. I noticed there was actually puss draining off the tooth.
Well first thing yesterday morning I got him to the vet, and she started him on antibiotics and scheduled him for oral surgery this morning. Yippee! I don't even want to mention what this is costing, and I'm ashamed to admit I've never spent that much on my own teeth, of course I have opposable thumbs and own a tooth brush so that helps, but still as the economy falls out from beneath us, I hate to spend $500.00 on my cat's not so pearly whites.
Of course my husband had one question for me when I told him how much it would cost, "Is he really worth that?" What? Umm, yes, of course he is! What else am I going to do? He's not to happy about the cost as we're going into winter and with all the financial stuff happening in the world my work has declined dramatically, which in short means, less money.
The vet just called and informed me that they are going to have to remove 7 of his teeth. That he has some problem with his teeth that causes them to be really bad, and painful, she told me what it was called, but it was such a mouthful I'm at a loss to repeat it. Poor thing.
We've had real bad luck with our animals lately. I hope this is the last of troubles for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment