All You Get Is Gas.
We went to a Mexican food restaurant tonight. We had heard this place had new owners, and it was supposed to be a lot better than it used to be. We heard wrong. We spent $50.00 on what my friend accurately described as "slop" and the service was awful to boot, our waitress was slightly passive aggressive, and completely unavailable. Anyway, maybe it was just a bad night. The food was absolutely drowned with red sauce though, and it wasn't even good sauce.
My friend, our two daughters, and I left the restaurant and headed to a furniture warehouse to look around, it was only at most a 20 minute drive from the restaurant, and by the time we got there our stomachs were boiling like mad.
We went to the bathroom and each took our own stall, and of course our daughter's had to start making really loud fart noises by blowing on their arms. Which actually got us all laughing because even at our age, fart noises are funny, especially as loud as they echo in a public restroom. Some people never grow up. I admit I did a couple on my arm, but only cause I was trying to hide the real noises I was making. Lovely.
We had a laugh and went to look around, and of course my friend met a salesman and quickly discovered they had a mutual acquaintance that they pretty much both despise. She does that. She's a hairstylist, so 90% of her day is spent gossiping. It's pretty much drama central down there sometimes. Some people just show up and sit and chat for a while. We have affectionately termed them "hanger outers" they are the sort of people who sometimes will come everyday for weeks, they are so comfortable that they answer phones, and know all of the clients by name.
I refuse to be a hanger outer because I have a job, but I do get in on conversations when I get my hair done, other than that, I don't show my face around there, even though I don't actually have an exciting life, and I could if I wanted to.
Anyway, after much debate we decided not to actually buy anything, which is what we usually do when we go to the furniture store. It just seemed easier than the mall, yet gave us something to do on a Tuesday night. My gosh, this is exhilarating isn't it?
After we went there, we went to another furniture store up the road. We got there 5 minutes before they closed. Now most people would just turn around and leave seeing that 5 minutes isn't much time to browse a gigantic furniture store, but no, not us, we just got out of the car and sprinted for the door. We literally saw the whole store in 5 minutes, and it was a huge store, we even took a few moments to lounge on the waterbeds, and discuss the new types of mattresses they have nowadays with a rather cute salesman.
My friend is convinced that everyone thinks we're lesbians. I don't know why she always thinks this, but she always has to say something like, "my HUSBAND and I used to have this exact same model of waterbed when we first got married" as if the guy thinks we're out looking for beds together for US to share. I know this because she outright told me, "he might have thought we were lesbians looking for a new bed". She's been this way ever since she got a complex about Subaru's.
Her man decided when she was shopping for a new car that she should get a nice sturdy Subaru. Somewhere in the course of all of that she realized that Subaru's are just gay ass cars. No offense to subaru owner's, but seriously, they are popular amongst the gays. It really hit home when he gave her an ad about Subaru's on sale, and the ad happened to be printed on the back of the local leftist rag which is such a totally gay paper. Really, it is completely gay, lots of gay advertising and stuff, man seeking man type things.
Anyway, she started getting really worried that he was going to push her to buy a subaru, she had to start re-examining what in her life made her feel gay when she thought about owning one. Thankfully, he did not push the issue, and she ended up not even getting a new car afterall, and truthfully, I think she was relieved, but I think there is still a small part of her that never shook the whole lesbian thing, and now she worries people think we're gay for each other all the time.
After that last place we went on home. She's going to kill me when she reads this post. Not really, I know she's totally going to crack up.
That's good for now I think. Back later. =)
ROFLMAO!! Yes, farts are still funny except when you are in the shoe department in WalMart and your daughter yells out "Ew Mommy you farted!"
ReplyDeleteLOL, and my cousin's first car was a Subaru. That makes that all funny too.
I remember when my daughter was about 2 years old, we were in a public restroom and some lady came in and started tearing up the place with really loud farts, and my daughter kept saying, "What's that? What's that noise mommy?"
ReplyDeleteI was trying not to laugh out loud and embarrass the lady, so I'm looking at my daughter with my finger over my mouth, and trying to get her to stop asking about it. I had tears coming out because she kept asking me what the noise was, and the lady just kept on making it.