And I Need Some Sunshine.
Predictably my house is a mess. I'm off today and have a ton of things to get done. I like the house all nice and sparkling clean when hubby gets home, this is usually accomplished about half the time, but I keep trying. I'm just not a good housewife, and that's why I'm not one. When I was younger, I lived to clean the house, and pick up other people's things, but lately, I just can't muster the interest in it. So much disrespect of my efforts has led me to basically give up and I think seasonal depression has added to the problem.
Maybe it's not seasonal depression, but it sure does sound like a good excuse for my slovenly ways. I do miss sunshine, well actually, we've had some of that, but it's just a tad too crisp for me still. I need some warmth, the kind that comes from being outside on a beautiful spring day surrounded by green. Green is such a lovely color. I can barely stand to look at the ugly brown deadness that surrounds me any longer. Dead lawns are so darn ugly. I yearn for spring deep down in my soul. I can't stand this dry, dusty climate much longer.
So that's what's on the agenda today: Get my ducks in a row. Last week was stressful, I had a lot of stupid mundane tasks demanded of me. A lot of pending crap that needed done. I felt resentful about it. I needed to do some stuff with our taxes and the printer decided to gorge itself on paper, and is no longer able to function. !!! This really made me angry as I had gone out of my way to get the black ink it was screaming for, at almost $30, and it printed about a fourth of what I needed then crapped out on me.
I'm look over at it now with the paper feed light still blinking from 5 days ago, and I seethe. There is a piece of paper tangled up so deep within the thing, I can't think of a single instrument I could use to remove it, although a sledge hammer has come to mind more than once. Blasted thing.
So now I wait for hubby to come home and fix the problem. The reason I have decided to unload this burden on him is I have a nagging suspicion that he has a brand new printer boxed up somewhere in that hell hole we call a "garage", and that he will come riding in on his white steed and get it out and hook it all up for me. Either that or he will summon some manly tool that will delicately remove the tangled paper, and the printer of my loathing will miraculously work again, and I will no longer hate the thing.
And if all else fails, I'm buying a new one, and it's going to have a scanner too because I secretly want to scan old photos of people and post them on this blog. I've got some good ones too!
So there it is. Now, I've got to get a move on, this house isn't going to clean itself.
You can get a decent scanner for $100 to scan photos with. I'm scanning all my pictures into the computer and I love it.
ReplyDeleteScanner - seems like a good idea before you actually start using it on old photos.
ReplyDeleteI have invested like a whole week scanning old slides and pics. And then the hard disk crashed, and of course I didn't think to take backups (that is me, a most backup-minded character in the world).
You must have heard me for the next day or two. Or, maybe, better not, on the other hand...
Sympathizing... Alaska in late winter is sooooooo uuuuugly. Sigh.
ReplyDelete