Can't Remember Why.
Isn't that silly? I was thinking today about how my dad always says, "I'm not amused" in response to anything he finds silly, stupid, obnoxious or dumb. I had this post all written out in my mind as I sat on the front porch this morning drinking my coffee, and now it is gone like most of the other coherent thoughts I have which never stay around long enough to impress anyone, including me. I tell you, I come up with the most insane excuses for not blogging about anything important, this, "sorry, my brain isn't working right" thing really is getting old, or maybe it is just me.
Anyway, I don't know why my dad's second most important saying was in my head this morning, but it was, and there WAS a good reason for it at the time I guess. Oh to heck with it, let me just give the bullet points, although I'm not going to put them in bullet form because my computer hates me. So here, in no particular order are the completely unimportant things going on that I intend to waste your time telling you about:
1. There is definitely a squirrel living above my bedroom. It is a big one--the squirrel, my bedroom is annoyingly small--and he or she gave me a dirty look before he ran up the drain pipe onto the roof and into our attic thing. It is not an attic exactly because there are no trunks with grandma's wedding dress, or grandpa's old hats, or little Bobby's baseball cards up there, in fact, no one can even stand up there, let alone put things up there. I guess you could call it a crawl space, although I would never crawl up there for anything, or for any reason and certainly not to meet face to face with a rabid squirrel. Now I can't stand the idea of what that thing is doing up there. I think we should move.
2. I'm getting a laptop. This has got to be the most dumb news anyone would write about on their blog. The real bullet point is, "I have no life." Well, actually, "I am a boring person" might be more appropriate here. Ah well, I leave it up to you to decide.
3. My roses are blooming! See number 2.
4. My daughter is not happy unless she is having a friend spend the night, and I let her because I feel bad that she is an only child and doesn't have anyone to fight with besides me, and I'm just not a challenge at all. Not really, but I do let her have friends over quite often because I do feel sorry for her being an only child who is spoiled rotten. We tried not to spoil her, we really did, but it is pretty easy to do, and much more difficult to avoid. Anyway, she is not THAT spoiled, no more than any other American child I would guess.
I think that is enough for tonight. I'm sure you find yourself thinking after reading this post, "I'm truly not amused." I understand that sentiment, and I feel the same way. That's all I've got right now though, but maybe tomorrow, I can muster more energy while I clean house and do laundry. Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment