Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hi

I like to keep it simple.

Hey! I'm back. Did you miss me? Don't answer that.

Well, I'm off tomorrow. Yippee! I'm sorry, was that too gleeful for you? I will try not to be so excited.

I've been extremely forgetful the last two days. Yesterday I forgot my work i.d. card, and this morning I couldn't find my purse. So, I could very easily have forgot to blog as well, and the sad thing, it wouldn't make that much difference. Haha.

Are you a complimentary person? Do you freely give compliments straight from your heart? I do. I like to give people compliments, I do it without much thought. As a rule I don't give compliments unless I mean it. I don't lie to people just to make them feel good, and I generally don't compliment people in higher positions because I am afraid they will just think I am sucking up, but sometimes I catch myself saying, "ooh, I like that dress" or "I really like the way you did that, it is a great improvement" and then I think they probably just think I am kissing up to them. Sheesh, I can be so cynical sometimes.

I hate to admit this, but as I've aged I am not as friendly as I used to be. I used to smile a lot at strangers, and say hello just to make their day, and mine. I've noticed lately I don't make eye contact with people like I used to, I don't like that about myself. When I notice I am doing it, I usually go out of my way to say "Good Morning" to perfect strangers. That makes me feel good. Try it. It cracks me up sometimes to see how people react to open friendliness.

Luckily where I live people are pretty friendly, so they don't find this too odd. Sometimes I get caught up in the discussion that is going on in my head, and I forget that other people are around. Now, if you are saying to yourself, "hold on, she is cycling around" you might be right. Sometimes I think I'm bi-polar, but I am probably not, although I do have this one aunt who is a bit off, and they say these things run in families. All right, now I am just starting to sound crazy.

I'm sleepy, and there is a storm hanging over head and it is literally giving me a headache. You know how people can predict the weather by their bones and joints hurting, well, I can sometimes tell when my head is hurting. That is kind of scary when you think about it, but I do have a distinct headache that is weather related. I will be back later. I have to go and save my young child's mind, she is watching Flavor Flav. Heaven help us.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:25 AM

    People are genuinely friendly where I live, they wave at you as you drive, say good morning or afternoon or evening. It must be the small rural community atmosphere. What ever it is, I like it.

    ReplyDelete