Bitter.
The title has absolutely nothing to do with this post. It just came to me because I am eating sunflower seeds, and I got a bitter one, as children we always thought meant it had a worm in it, it could be true I guess. What are you going to do huh? I just chew it up and eat another one as fast as I can to get the bad taste out of my mouth. The other day a bug flew into my mouth while I was walking into work, I actually started hacking to get it out, I spit it out as fast as I could, but still felt like there might be some wings or little hairy legs stuck on the back of my tongue until I got to the bathroom and swished my mouth out.
Hey, it is life, we are bound to eat a bug some time or another. I suppose that is much better than my dad's usual recommendation that, "You've got to eat a pound of dirt to grow up." I don't know where on earth he got that notion, but he did have three kids, and I only have one, so I guess experience may vary. On the other hand, if what he says is true, then the fact that I am actually grown up must mean that I have indeed eaten a pound of dirt, and I'm all right. Aren't I?
On to more pressing matters. My neighbors. Now for the most part they are all right, but there is this fairly new family to the neighborhood, they've been here a oh say almost a year now. In that whole time, they have barely so much as waved, or even smiled in our general direction, but I see them all the time talking to every one else around, just not us, ever. I can't figure this out, but they are older, retirement age, and maybe they feel no need to talk to us because we are much younger than they are. That just doesn't seem to fit though, everyone around is younger than they are except Junk Yard man, and they talk to the other people--they practically hang out with the junk yard guy.
We have another set of neighbors which are particularly unfriendly towards us, and probably everyone else for that matter. My husband found this out the difficult way when he ventured over to say hello one day, and was received with a bit of a chill. I later found out that a relative of ours actually owes that man some money, so that pretty much explained his attitude problem, but it had nothing to do with us at all. Anyway, we pretty much ignore them altogether because they have Issues that have nothing to do with us.
Back to the older couple. Now she is a German lady, I told you I can't spit without hitting a German, and I see her everyday, she's outside almost as much as I am. And it really cracks me up when she yells at her little shit chihuahua with her heavy accent and thick voice, but she never says hello, but she does stare an awful lot at us. I don't pay her much mind, but I got to thinking what is their problem? Then it dawned on me.
A few months after they moved in, we got a complaint from the Humane Society about our dogs barking. Normally, we are really good about calling them in when they start barking their fool heads off, but one day, ONE DAY, we didn't get to it because we were tied up inside the house while the kid was at school--you do the math. Someone made a complaint, we got a "warning." No one had ever complained about our dogs before. I wondered if it was those people. I don't really care if it was, but it was a weasel shit thing to do to complain to someone else over one day, but anyway, it might not have been them. I don't know.
After we got the complaint, every time the dogs barked I had to immediately call them in the house, but I always made sure to yell at them to knock it off before someone calls the police and we get a complaint about them barking, because that is the sort of passive aggressive witch I CAN be. One day, my neighbor who lives behind us asked me what all that business was all about and I told him someone complained about our dogs barking. He was shocked. I said, "I wonder if it was those people?" and pointed towards their house. He said, "I don't think they would do that, it was probably Bob, he hates dogs, particularly those of your dogs breed."
I didn't think it was Bob at the time because Bob lives too far away, and it happened during hours he would normally be at work and not thinking about my stupid dogs. Besides, he would have done it a long time ago most likely. Anyway, my neighbor said, "Your dogs don't bark that much, only when kids run along the fence, and they taunt the dogs a lot." Of course that doesn't matter, although the lady at the Humane Society did tell me that whoever wishes to pursue a complaint beyond a warning must produced video tape evidence that our dogs are just barking like fools for no reason at all.
Anyway, we have been extremely cautious, even though we were already pretty darned good about getting the dogs if they start barking, and we haven't had any more problems, but it just made me wonder today when I went outside and she did her usual, Ignorrrring, I'm Ignorrring you thing, although she can't help but stare, which is what she usually does, unfettered staring seems to be her thing.
I waved and said hello when they first moved in, they were not particularly friendly, I think I might just start saying HI again and waving just to see what happens. Maybe we can thaw that icy chill out some, who knows? Maybe she thinks we are drug dealers because we have so much company all the time. Ironically, that is what lived in that house before her, at least that's what we thought he was anyway.
Heh heh, time to take off my bra and go water the lawn. Hahahaha! Just kidding. That was bad, but I'm leaving it. But I am going to water the grass.
Hi TB;
ReplyDeleteYour blog was recommended ... and now I can see why.
I like your style of writing as well as the fact you let the big thinkers take care of the big things. LOL
I'll be back
Regards,
George
LOL George. Thanks, I think! Hehe, no I get what you are saying completely. I figured out a long time ago that it is best to leave the political blogging etc to people who are much more articulate than I.
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by. You are welcome any time.