Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuesday Trash Day

Where to go from there?

Welcome to more mundane details of my daily life. I don't actually have anything in particular to post about, but that has never stopped me before. The first thing I thought this morning as my mind stirred was, "what am I supposed to be doing today?" Well, I couldn't think of anything in particular, but I had this nagging feeling I was supposed to be doing something.

Then it hit me: today is trash day. But that wasn't it. I already put the trash can on the curb last night. I only actually remember trash day on Mondays, I have to stay one day ahead of myself, or I will definitely forget.

This post will not be long because there is nothing exciting happening today other than cleaning, and goodness knows I've written long and hard about that and that is probably the reason only a few people actually read this site on a regular basis. I can be proud in the knowledge that they are indeed people I wouldn't mind sitting down for a cup of coffee with though, so that is nice.

I finally remembered that my sister and I had something planned for today. A little get out of town thing. We never have a day off together, so on those rare days we try to do something together. I called her up, and I'm not kidding you, this is how the phone call went.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"Do you still want to do that thing?" I ask.

"Do you?" She asks.

"I don't know, I do if you want to." I reply.

"Well, I want to if you want to." She replies.

"Hmm, well, I want you to decide, what do you think?" I ask.

"(sigh) I don't know, on one hand I have the money, on the other hand I could just not do anything and still have the money." She's starting to make a decision.

"Yeah, I know that feeling. I could just keep the money. I need to pay tuition soon anyway.
Want to just do it another time?" I ask.

"yeah, I could do either way. Mom has donuts, you should come over and have a donut." She offers.

"Mmmm donuts." I say, sounding fat.

"All right, I will come over and get a donut, it will nice to be see mom, unless you just want to come over and hang out while I clean." I add.

"I can do that I guess." She says knowing darn well she's not going to help me clean, and that she will end up going to take a nap on my bed.

"No, I will just come over and get a donut, and we can decide from there." Thinking I could take my cup of coffee with me to drink while I eat the donut.

"All right. See you in a little while." She says sounding glad that she doesn't have to come over and hang out with me while I clean.

I'm going to eat a donut. Be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment