I Will Try To Do Better.
I woke up very early this morning. Something about pizza, hot wings, and lemonade will do that too you, but you don't want to hear about all of that I am sure. My muse is always alive and kicking first thing in the morning, trouble is, I am usually snoring away at that time so all you get is my usual boring stuff when I finally do make it out of bed.
There I was with a nasty case of heartburn with swirling thoughts of this and that, and I decided I should get up and write something on the blog which I haven't even checked in more than a couple of days. The trouble is now that I am more than half awake, all of the creative thoughts have left me. Weird. I know.
I actually started this blog in 2004, but in a fit of bi-polar disorder coupled with slight paranoia I decided to delete the entire thing. I didn't save any of it at all. I just erased it. A couple of people have expressed dismay at that decision, I've even wondered what the dickens got into me to do such a thing. Anyway, it is done. I can't undo it. I regret losing some posts that I wrote about my mom which I thought really captured her persona. I've tried to redo them, but I haven't had much luck with that.
My former English teachers would probably take a ruler or at least a spiral notebook and beat me upside the head with it if they knew how often I actually start sentences with the word, "I". It is really a bit off putting even to me. I--will try to do better.
The kiddo's summer vacation officially begins today. I don't know who is happier about that. It will be nice to have a break from the school. The end of this school year was a very unpleasant time. Those people kept on ticking me off with some of their antics, some of which made my daughter cry more than was necessary. I'm still fuming about some things, and I really don't want to get into it right now with my heartburn already bothering me. That is a post for later, I don't want to ruin my calm mood right now.
I have taken to calling everyone "darling" which I say with some sort of accent. It is a rather odd personality tick that I have developed which I can't seem to shake. It's my flair. I don't really want to talk about my flair. (Office Space, love that movie)
Those darn dogs went and dug up and tore up all the hard work hubby and I did in the back yard. This week I will have to go out there, shovel up all of the wood chips we put there to kill the weeds, and redo the landscaping fabric we put under it which is nearly shredded now from the dogs digging in there.
The first time they just displaced things, so I went and got some pots of flowers and placed them over the spot they dug up. The second time was when they really trashed it, I found the pots in the yard, and one I had placed in there with nothing more than soil and seeds had been completely dumped over and drug through the yard. I know it was the dog and not the horrendous wind we've had lately because the pot had bit marks on it, and I saw the boy dog go and drag the thing off of the porch later that day.
So hubby went and put a bench in there, some cinder blocks (not my decor of choice mind you) and the pots of flowers back until we could get in there and repair the destruction. Oh but I intend to fix their wagons, I am going to put rocks down in there. I want to see them dig up rocks without any opposable thumbs. I want to see it.
One of my many German neighbors told me the other day that the yard looks better than it ever has. That was nice to hear, we have been putting in a great deal of effort there.
That is pretty much all I have right now. I'm thinking about yard work, I can't wait to get out there. I know I am a total nerd. Or obsessed. I should have time to post more this week. We shall see.
I have a couple of landscape artists myself, in the shape of 2 Great Pyrenees puppies.
ReplyDeleteThey have decided that I needed a moat around the bushes in the side of the yard, pit at the corner of the fence and an expection hole by the side of the septic tank.
They have also decided that my porch swing is a chew toy....I am thinking of getting a metal one.
Puppies and their insatiable need to chew!
ReplyDeleteI love a good porch swing. Nothing like sitting on one on a summer evening.