Is Needed.
A new post. Something. Anything? Hmm. Seen any good movies lately? I finally watched "The Pursuit of Happyness" At first I was a bit hesitant to watch it, I was somewhat familiar with the story line, my husband and I had seen the man and his son on a talk show years ago, Oprah I think, and sort of knew what the movie was about. It was an incredibly touching tale, and we never forgot the story, but when the movie came out, I have to admit I was a little afraid that Hollywood would make it into some leftist swill blaming all of this man's woes on everyone else. I was pleasantly surprised that the story line as I remembered it from years ago was more or less in tact as I recalled it, and it was really made into an inspiring movie. I would highly recommend watching it.
It seems that putz Michael Moore has made some sort of new movie. Now now, I know name calling is not considered nice, or an intelligent way to argue, but I can't deny the words that want to come out. I'm just giving my opinion, the man is a putz. But is he really as stupid as we think? Calling him stupid is the gut reaction I have to him, but actually, he is rather cunning in a way. He has succeeded in convincing many people into believing the crap he puts forward as information, or even truth, which says quite a lot.
When I get into an elevator with a co-worker who says, "I love Michael Moore." I have to think we should not underestimate the number of people who follow his line of thinking hook, line and sinker. I can't even think about it. It is too frightening. That the man is making millions selling commie flap trap is a sure sign he is not just the stupid fat putz he appears to be. He is actually selling these ideas, for money. That's way smarter than the rest of the commies, they had to do the messy work of killing all of their opposition, never mind the fact that there is no shortage of sadists in the world willing to be used in that end.
Which brings me to, when is that dirty old bastard in Cuba going to die? And does it even matter? I'm sure his predecessor is already lined up. We've got baby Kim in North Korea, I'm sure there is a baby Castro waiting in the wings. Which reminds me, Danny Glover can just go suck it. Making movies with Hugo Chavez! How gay can you get?
This is why I am always so skeptical about watching movies any more. I have a hard time swallowing the message anymore. I can't do it. You know Fred Reed, I used to read him a lot. He said something one time that has stuck with me, it goes something like this, on t.v. they don't blatantly tell you, this is how you should behave, this is how you should think, this is what you should find acceptable, nobody would listen to them if they did. No, he says, they SHOW you over and and over and over again these things, until it becomes the picture of what culture, society, and the world should look like. Pretty darn smart thinking there.
That Fred Reed, he ruined me for the entertainment business now because I can't watch anything without asking myself, what is the message? What are they trying to show me? Well, I exaggerate a bit on that, but I do keep it in mind. I try not to take it for granted when I watch a movie, or t.v. show that I am just going to be entertained, maybe even moved, made to laugh or be inspired, there are times I have walked away when I felt someone has taken the opportunity to try to sell something beyond that.
I think that's enough for one day. Hugs.
No comments:
Post a Comment