Monday, June 04, 2007

Mad Dogs


Demand Their Day.

The dogs are not very happy that I neglected to post pictures of them as well. The fact that my last post included pics of nothing but those quote, "orange, eating and pooping machines," upset them to no end. I anticipate a rebellion brewing and will definitely make sure the trash can is out of reach tonight.

I can't blame the dogs really. According to them, those lazy cats do nothing but eat food and then poop it out in cat litter that we have to buy and change all the time, and they even have the nerve to scratch at the brand new furniture. One has to admit that at least the dogs do provide a service by barking at strangers, and guarding the home from intruders. The cats don't do that.

Yes, for once the dogs have managed to convince me that there are indeed creatures in this house who are lazier than they are, and that is saying a lot. At least the cats don't hog up the bed, that's a plus in their favor, and they have figured out how to use a toilet, even if it is only a rudimentary box full of sand.

Which brings me to the question that all thinking people eventually ask themselves, is this really what life is all about? Eating and pooping? Everything in life seems to come back to this simple thing. It is why billions of people get out of bed everyday.

Some people believe that is all there is to life, that we are simply creatures with biological functions and nothing more. When we stop eating and pooping we die. That's it. I can't believe that. I've never been able to believe that. It is not because I am scared to believe it, it is because it doesn't make sense to me.

The universe is an amazing thing. When I was a teen ager I could sit and ponder the universe for hours. I would follow my dad around the house picking his brain about space, the moon, the stars and the planets. I would ask where the universe ends, how far does it go, does it really go on forever, how is it contained, what is it contained in, where did the universe come from and many other questions. Whenever I think about God, I think about the universe. I've always felt that somehow the two were connected.

This is why I find faith so much easier than atheism. It seems pretty darn bold to just say, there is no God. Period. Now I can understand a little waffling when it comes to religion, but to just outright say there is no Creator? I don't understand that. How exactly does one reach that conclusion without any evidence other than scientific theories. I suppose they base it on a lack of evidence. That is the usual argument I hear.

Anyway, definitely a good after dinner front porch swing topic. Whatever the case may be, my dogs don't seem to care one way or the other, but I can't say for sure that they haven't thought of it though. One thing is certain, they definitely do not like most cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment