Oh My.
We went to a water park the other day. I had never been to this water park, and I realized that it has been an awful long time since I have been any place where the general public has amassed in such large numbers. I had no idea that tattooing had become such a rage. I knew more people were doing it, but I had not actually seen it so much. Sure at the Wal-Mart I see people of all stripes, but their pajama pants and tee shirts usually cover them pretty well, but at the water park people tend to let it all hang out, and well, there are a lot of people with tattoos, all over the place.
I also learned that young women are not at all embarrassed to wear bikinis in public. I guess all that self esteem training they've been put through in school has paid off. I'm not that old, but when I was that young wearing a bikini was something only the most daring of girls did. The rest of us were too modest and shy to wear anything like that. I was a fat girl though, so bikinis were definitely out of the question anyway. I didn't even want to wear a one piece bathing suit back then. Now, I wear something modest, but comfortable, because I decided a long time ago, I had to get over it, or I was going to miss out on all the fun in life.
Piercings were less prominent, although still visible on some people. There was a kid who had both of his nipples pierced, and other variations presented themselves, but I think the piercing thing is slowing down some. I wouldn't dream of piercing anything, but I wouldn't wear a bikini either, so I'm sort of out of the loop on this trend.
My daughter actually pointed out a girl in line next to us who had extremely bushy under arm hair. I immediately whispered in her ear, "Don't point at people, you wouldn't want them pointing at you!" Thankfully, extremely bushy unshaved under arms on women is not a trend that is picking up any steam at all, so that only happened once.
People were very well behaved. Nobody bothered our stuff which we left sitting at a picnic table, of course we locked up our valuables, and nobody caused any trouble at all, except for who ever it was that took a dump in the wave pool which caused it to be shut down in the afternoon. Thankfully, we were not in there at that time. Gross.
There were a couple of gay men in extra tight speedos at the entrance which was awkward, but once we got in the park we didn't see them again. The kids all saw a couple of gay men walking around holding hands, and mentioned it. They were nothing compared to this straight couple who were making out like fiends every time we saw them. I'm sorry, but when you are in a crowded line, the last thing you want is for two horny dogs to be rubbing up against each other in such close proximity, in front of your kids no less. That was tacky.
Anyway, a good day was had by all, although I could live without ever going there again. Personally, I think a day at the pool would have been just as fun. Standing around in the heat waiting to get in the water for a few seconds was draining. Never mind the fact that the place is built on a gigantic hill, which makes sense of course when you are sailing down the hill on a tube. The kids seemed to like it, which means, they will want to go back, and I can't blame them, I would have want to if I was still a kid.
I think we'll do a trip to the mountains next time. Pack a picnic lunch. Fairly cheap and easy fun there.
Back later.
No comments:
Post a Comment