Maybe Do Laundry?
I'm not really going to write about underwear, although it has been a great topic of interest to many people who find this site by doing searches on underwear. I do need to do laundry though, which is another topic I write about with too much frequency. What does that tell you about me? Does it suggest that I have no life? I don't know about that. Underwear and laundry are definitely a part of my life, which suggests that in some way I must have one no matter how boring it may be.
I love the rain we had last night. I went to sleep to the sound of it hitting the house. I even cracked my window so I could hear it better as I drifted off to sleep. It was quite a pleasant experience. Sometimes it is the little things in life.
I'm hanging in there at school. I think a lot about the decision to go back. I feel old in so many ways when I sit in a classroom full of kids. There are other adults there too. We all have reasons for being there. I suppose others feel the same way. I sometimes want to kick myself for not having done this earlier, but the choices I made led me to this point in my life. I sometimes think I should give up, that it is too late.
I can't stand the idea of doing what I do now for the rest of my life. That is why I am there. I must get over my pride, my shame, my own disappointment and continue. In a few years no one will care that I went to school in my 30's. At least that is what I am hoping. Sometimes I think maybe I should just go get a job at a bank or something, sure it would be a dramatic pay cut, but at least I wouldn't have to work every weekend and holiday for the rest of my life, all the while making my employer much richer, when in truth, my employer doesn't even know my name, except on paper in some HR file.
What to do? I guess I will keep going. I will swallow my pride, keep my mouth shut, and do it. I hope it is the right decision and that I am not just wasting time and money. The answers will come.
When I was an undergrad in my late teens/early 20's, I actually like having 30-something students there. They were called "non-traditional students" by the university, and I remember I could look at them, and look at the kids my age and know which ones I needed to emulate. The 30-somethings and up were the ones who were really looked up to by the serious students. Not that I was all that serious back then. But trust me. You are getting more respect than you will probably ever know from a lot of those kids. :-)
ReplyDeleteHeh that's true. They always ask me what I got on the tests.
ReplyDeleteit always makes me proud to see folks my age going back to college to get a degree.
ReplyDeleteI'd probably do it myself if I weren't so friggin' busy.
Thank you. Being busy definitely makes it a lot more challenging to say the least.
ReplyDelete