I don't know a darn thing.
I know that I wanted to post much earlier today but the internet was not working. I sent my husband a text message and he called me and told me how to fix it. I finally got it fixed, but it has been one thing after another and here I am. I've missed you.
Well, life has been whirring by as it does, and I am just trying to maintain some sense of balance about it all. I was doing quite well for a while there, I was even somewhat proud of how I was managing all of these things at once, and even having only a very small pile of laundry dirty at any given time. Which given my history on laundry that is pretty darn good.
Then I went to work, and I even came home and cleaned and vacuumed, and swept and mopped keeping up with this thing. My homework was done. I was feeling good. Then, on Sunday I came home from work and the whole entire house was in shambles. The dishes were all dirty, there were all sorts of blankets, dog beds, and miscellaneous things all over the living room floor, when I ventured into my bedroom I found my drawers had been gone through, piles of my clean under wears, and other clothes strewn all about. I looked in my closet and the neatly organized basket of dirty clothes had been dumped on end, and there were even more clothes piled on top of the heap in the closet. There were toys all about the house, and things thrown all over the place.
Upon first entering the house one might think, Oh my this place has been invaded and whoever came was looking for something very specific, probably a very small computer disk which holds the key to some mystery of intrigue and such. The place has obviously been ransacked, but by who? Or is it whom? Who would do such a thing?
I'll tell you who, there is only one person capable of toppling a place with such obvious precision, and that is my very own daughter. She is even better when she has an accomplice which she did. The two of them, she and her cousin, went through this place like two tiny tornadoes, and still had the nerve to ask me the very minute I pulled into the driveway to take them swimming. Uh yeah, no.
So there it is. What possessed them to do such a thing? Well, they were looking for--bathing suits! I can imagine my daughter standing in front of my dresser with all of the drawers open tossing my fresh clean clothing over her shoulder frantically looking for her bathing suit saying, "I just know it has got to be here somewhere!"
She knew I was mad when I just had this extremely disappointed look on my face as I glanced around the house. I didn't say anything. I was too tired. I had a rough day at work, and I just needed to lie down for a few minutes. And so I did. When I got up 40 minutes later I told them, "get your shoes on, we're taking her home, and you are coming home and taking a shower and getting ready for bed." They started to argue, to ask for more time, but I said no.
When we got home my daughter cleaned up the living room without being asked. It was a start, but the rest of the house was left in the wreck in which I found it. I did a bit of a clean up and decided I would just have to do the rest later. I planned to have help with that. It still isn't done. I don't care. I'll get to it when I get to it. It bothers me quite a lot, but I've had studies to do, and some extra time to put in at work, and well, I decided not to make it a priority.
Like a lot of people, I'm just flat out tired. I could handle doing a quick clean up here and there, but this is just too much. I'm not a perfect housekeeper. I could be better at it if I had some help with it, but I just can't do it all like this. The truth is, I'm angry about it. I'm still mad as I write this.
I better get to bed. Good night.
No sense in getting angry (I know it is easier said than done). It is like getting angry at the weather.
ReplyDeleteBe of a good cheer.