Tuesday, March 06, 2007

What Are You Doing?

I'm Not Doing Anything Either.

We had beautiful weather today. It really makes me long for longer days and warmer temperatures. The house has been closed up all winter practically, and it is starting to wear on me. It seems so silly to complain about the weather, what can we do about it anyway?

I have been dreaming about all the things I would like to do to the house. I wish I was more creative, I would love to turn our backyard into a beautifully landscaped place for relaxation and just spending time together. I picked up one of those gardening magazines which claimed to make it simple, I flipped through the pages and thought, there is nothing simple about any of this. Besides, I guess it is really not my style anyway. We're not perfectly manicured lawn types of people. We are just not.

I realized that I must accept the fact that my home will never look like a magazine spread. We just don't live that way. Most likely I've just fallen for all of the marketing, when I really think about it, I don't need that stuff. I have a great husband and a terrific kid, I suppose I can live with a bare looking backyard, although we definitely do want to get a privacy fence.

I'm not a planner I guess. What I am is a messy sort of decorator, I put something somewhere, if I like the way it looks I leave it there and move on. I look at those perfectly planned yards and I have to admit they are lovely, but I don't think I could do that. Don't even get me started on the rest of the house.

We've got a lot of weeds to kill off. They had pretty much run over the place before we bought it. We worked on it last summer while we could, but we only had a couple of months before the weather turned cold. It has been darn cold ever since.

Life is short, and precious. I shouldn't spend so much time worrying about the silly things that don't matter at all. This post stinks, but I don't care. It is not all that important. I'm sorry to have wasted your time. Thank you for stopping by, and please come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment