Really.
I am just going to get right to the gist of things. I love writing on this blog. I truly enjoy it. That being said, I do realize that it has been rather stale lately. I'm a 36 year old part time college student, part time employee, and wife and mother, I've got a lot on my mind. In fact, I have so much on my mind I have had a difficult time forming thoughts for posts.
The strange thing is, with all of this going on, in some ways I feel I am really testing the bounds of my own mental capacity. That brain of mine has gone sort of soft and mushy over the years, and now that I am really pushing it I find at times it fails me. I honestly have had moments of frustration when I cannot get my brain to retain information that I will it to retain. It is difficult to explain, but I find it interesting to think about.
Have you ever just thought about your brain and what it does? It is sort of like an athlete pushing their body to perform at a higher level. Man can only run so fast, man can continue to work and train, and perform, but eventually all athletes will reach a limit to what their bodies can do. I guess it must be true with the brain as well. Right now I am working and training my brain to think about a great many things, something I have not done much of in the last oh say 15 years.
Like an athlete training his muscles to perform, I am training my brain to produce for me. I may never get it to be where I would like it to be, just as many athletes meet disappointing limitations in their own training. It is sort of strange to think with my brain about my brain as if it is a whole different entity. My brain knows itself, but it is not my self. Whoa dude, this is getting out of hand.
What I am trying to say is, my brain is on overload. Something has to give, it has been this blog, my little outlet. This is why I keep blogging, even crap posts bring me a certain amount of satisfaction. Thanks for hanging in there with me. I don't know how long this dry spell will last. I will keep trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment