Monday, March 26, 2007

Kick off your feet and throw up your shoes

Something or other.

I wouldn't mind if someone just wanted to rub my feet just for the sheer delight of it. Unfortunately the door bell isn't ringing with volunteers for that effort just yet. Maybe I can con a foot rub out of the kiddo, however I know that will cost me. She will give my sister a pedicure for only a couple of dollars, but she charges me $5/per foot. I don't know why she does this. It is not like my feet are gross or something. I'm not even missing any toenails or anything. They are pretty neatly painted and groomed right now since I had a pedicure not too long ago, but the child holds out.

Strange things have been afoot lately. What is it with me and the feet thing today? The other day I woke up to go to work, and was somewhat perplexed that our garage door was partially open. It certainly wasn't open when I got home from work the previous evening. This startled me. My daughter had a friend spend the night and the girls had come into my room about midnight saying that there was a man outside. I looked out the window in my groggy state and saw a car in front of our driveway, I heard a car door shut and the car turned around and drove away.

At the time I just thought it was some kids goofing off or something, but when I woke up and found our garage door opened I thought maybe something else had happened. I am strongly suspicious that an intruder had been in there. I inspected the garage and it was in its usual disorderly chaos and nothing seemed to be missing. I noticed the back door from the garage was unlocked, and I specifically remembered checking the locks the night before.

I'm not sure what happened. Last night my daughter had an extremely difficult time sleeping. Every little noise scared her. We were both freaked out. I didn't sleep well myself. Anyway, I'm sure hubby will make sure all the outside lights are in working order when he can here. It is a real freaky feeling thinking that if someone was in my garage, had I forgot to check the lock on the door into the house, they would have had easy and unfettered access to our house. Luckily I am somewhat obsessive about checking all of the deadbolts before I go to bed each night. I'm still a bit puzzled about it.

Yesterday after work I talked to our back door neighbor, and told him what happened. He mentioned that he occasionally sees a car parked on the side of our house. We have a fairly long fenceline on the side of our house with the street since we are on the corner. The car that he described was exactly the same car I saw the night before in front of my driveway. Anyway, he said he and his wife would pay more attention to things happening in the neighborhood.

Hopefully that is the last of any such types of incidents. It doesn't appear that they took anything. This may sound strange but I think I would be more comfortable if they had took something, at least I could say to myself, oh they stole X item, and not entertain thoughts like, maybe they were trying to get into the house instead.

And you know those 2 lazy dogs of ours spent more time barking at the hampster running on its wheel then the mysterious noises occurring around our house that night. That's all right, they were just saving their energy for the action had someone actually came into this house. I have no doubt our 2 pit-bulls would happily take a bite out of crime, no matter how sweet and loving they are as pets.

Well, that's all I've got for now. I'm going to call and harass hubby. Maybe HE will give me a foot rub. Back soon. Hugs.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:40 PM

    That whole intruder-ish thing is a bit creepy. I hope it turns out to be nothing....

    ...and I hope that you get your foot rub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:31 PM

    I love feet. I admit it. I'm a freak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't got the foot rub yet.

    I love feet too.

    ReplyDelete