I've Got Big Books.
Really big books, and people who insist that I read them and regurgitate the information on these things called tests and quizzes. I feel like a fish on a treadmill, a bit out of place, and running like mad, I know fish can't run, but work with me here, I generally don't run either. Does that make any sense at all? I'm so confused right now.
Anyway, I'm getting used to a more rigorous routine and having to answer to people I'm paying darn good money to. These instructors are much more demanding than I remember them to be from past experience, but I'm going to do the best I can.
College is for kids, not grown ups with responsibilities other than choosing which subject to write a research paper on. I should have listened to my mother. Kids, listen to your mothers, they do know a bit about the world. She told me to finish school before I ran off and married that handsome Marine boy. Ah pooh, I'm glad I married him when I did, love and hormones just can't wait sometimes. We had a beautiful baby girl, who is a wonderful almost 12 year old now.
I'll be all right. I'm a lot better about studying now then I was way back when anyway, it is just that things have changed, and well, with the computer technology things are easier, but everything else is so rusty to me, I'm having to dig deep into my memory unit to try and remember things like, 6 divided by zero equals...What? A long time ago, I knew that, thankfully my sister knew the answer to that one. What complicates things even more is now we can do things online, and some teachers want certain things online, and others in person, and it seems like a lot to remember.
I will post a bit more when I feel less overwhelmed.
I feel your pain. :-)
ReplyDeleteI went back to college for a graduate degree when my kids were in school, and I literally thought my brain was going to crack, it was so rusty.
ReplyDeleteSomehow I managed to jump start it and get moving, but it was close, very close.