Thursday, November 16, 2006

Tumblweeda

It Is Windy.

Very windy out. Tumble weeds are flying everywhere. Empty trash cans have rolled out into the street and are lying there on their sides until the next big gust comes along and pushes them further out into the street. Leaves are floating around with no apparent plan to land anywhere soon.

Some of the fences have become tumble weed catching nets. Am I alone in that I find tumbleweeds somewhat funny? I don't know, they just make me want to laugh.

My daughter and I were noticing all the many tumbleweeds making their yearly jaunt from one side of the road to the other, and we kept pointing them out to each other. The bigger the better as tumble weeds go.

I remember it was about this time last year that I got a frantic phone call from my friend telling me that an enormous tumbleweed, "the size of my car, hit me while I was sitting at a traffic light!" She was quite frustrated about it and felt very helpless that the other people at the traffic light did nothing but stare in awe at the gigantic tumble weed that rolled over her car.

I imagined her bracing herself when the monster tumbled right over. How funny that must have looked to the other people at the traffic light, they might have even heard her screams from inside the vehicle. Of course I died laughing when she retold the story in all seriousness.

Yup, it's plenty windy out, so I called her before she left work to warn her about the giant tumbleweeds and to proceed home with caution. One can never be too careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment